Oil Pressure In a 2022 400a GT 5.0??

Coosawjack

Established Member
Ford has done a GREAT job with these cars but WHY do the not have a digital Oil Pressure Gauge....for Oil Pressure it just says "NORMAL" no matter WHETHER COLD or HOT!! :rolleyes:

They have Gauges for Inlet Air Temp, Voltage, Cylinder Head Temp, Oil Temp is only a color Gauge......SO.....WHY NO ACCESS TO OIL PRESSURE??:confused::mad:

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Can you see it with something like forscan? I know some of the f150 guys added some different digital gauges to the dash with it

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
The gen 3 coyote has an oil pump that runs a bypass valve allowing variable (controlled via the ECU) oil pressure. At hot idle it’s not abnormal to see low teens psi.

However, as soon as you stab the throttle, the “bypass” closes and pressure jumps significantly.

I’ve seen 80+ psi hot pressure when going WOT.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Coosawjack

Established Member
I'd buy a real gauge but a LUND Tech said I'd have to install a new Oil Filter Adapter with a port for the sensor....NO BUENO!!:(

Dusten

Established Member
The cars under warranty. All that gauge is going to do is allow you to watch the engine fail.

Coosawjack

Established Member
I know, I had Performance Pack in my 2019 car but $6700.00 seemed a bit high for my 2022 "Cruiser" so I guess "NORMAL" will be my Oil Pressure!!

Users who are viewing this thread