oil pan gasket

bamptron

Established Member
i'm trying to change the oil pan gasket in my 92 sho. it sprung a wicked leak. but the silicon along the rails is holding it on tight, i've tried to break the seal by hammering a putty knife in but the rails seal is too tight to even get it in. the only place it would go in was the 2 corners on the passenger side. anyone have an idea of how i cna get this off!!!?

Ryan

It's Not Your Concern
Super Moderator
The way you are. Make sure you got all the bolts out! When I did the rod bearings in my 93 after about 15 minutes of fusing we realized we still had a bolt in there. Otherwise, rubber mallet and a scrapper to pry....

gomach1

5.0hh
Established Member
whs111a5bxv8.png
yeah the silicon does its job and really holds it on, it just takes some patience

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Make sure you get allll the bolts out. There are some hidden ones closer to the engine. Keep prying from both ends and it'll pop off. I think I got mine off easiest from the passanger side though. There are rubber gaskets on the ends, then silicone on the sides. Go to shoforum.com for tons of sho info. Good site if you don't know about it yet.

Users who are viewing this thread