oil leak in my oil pump(oil cooler/adapter/flange /housing)...NED HELP!!!

b_dike

Established Member
Ok so I discovered an oil leak through this tiny hole on my oil cooler. As soon as I start the car a very fine continuous stream of oil comes through.

Anyone ever have this problem or know if that hole is supposed to be there?

Just bought the car in April and it's never leaked a drop previously. :shrug:

file.php

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
that's not the pump. That's the oil cooler.

Take off the filter and see if the giant hex bolt it loose. It's a 1/2 inch I believe. Crank it back down.

or that seal might have taken a shit. I'm not sure if you can get the just the seal of if you have to replace the entire cooler.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
I believe i have a small leak around that area to. I really need to put it on a lift and figure it out. You need to do the same thing. Leaks arent usually that big a deal and can be found with some cleaning and patience to watch it drip finding your culprit. Once you figure out EXACTLY what s leaking, ppost back and then im sure people can quide you in the right direction to get it fixed

b_dike

Established Member
Sorry about the huge pic.

ok oil cooler, but if you follow the white filter scrolling up you'll come across a hose covered in oil. just above that hose is a tiny hole...

Last edited:

b_dike

Established Member
I believe i have a small leak around that area to. I really need to put it on a lift and figure it out. You need to do the same thing. Leaks arent usually that big a deal and can be found with some cleaning and patience to watch it drip finding your culprit. Once you figure out EXACTLY what s leaking, ppost back and then im sure people can quide you in the right direction to get it fixed

Found the leak. It's coming from a pin size hole in the bottom of the oil cooler.

Seen it with my own eyes while the car was started.

It was a fine stream but now the car is almost empty of oil so it just pools in the hole and drips out.

b_dike

Established Member
that's not the pump. That's the oil cooler.

Take off the filter and see if the giant hex bolt it loose. It's a 1/2 inch I believe. Crank it back down.

or that seal might have taken a shit. I'm not sure if you can get the just the seal of if you have to replace the entire cooler.

Thanks for the help man Ill try that tomorrow. But I bet your right about the seal with it just turning cold this week.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Wow i see it i believe....thats interested that you developed a small hole there out of nowhere! Doesnt look like anything was chaffing to create that either....pretty sure youll have to replace the entire cooler....check ebay i guess.....

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member

SVT_Troy

Established Member
Jimmy your the man, that was good reading there. Im going to check mine out as well

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
Funny thing...I was removing my gauges and one had an aftermarket oil pressure sender. Removed it and in a hurry put in the stock one so I wouldn't loose much oil. Long story short...screwed the stock sensor in too far and the adapter plate cracked. No fun...

Users who are viewing this thread