Oil leak cleanup

Adamn

Established Member
I changed the oil in my cobra the other day and noticed there was a small oil spot on the garage floor where it sat all winter. Once I got under the car I noticed that the whole under side of the engine and some of the transmission was coated with a thin film of oil. I want to clean it all off so I can find the source of the leak.
I was wondering if there is a product that I can spray on and just hose off without having to scrub it all off.

NastyGT500

Naples Premier Detailer!
Established Member
Yep, engine degreaser be the easiest. Brake cleaner, but you'd go through a ton of it and scorch your lungs in the process!

Adamn

Established Member
Thanks for the info. I’m going to use some degreaser then once I fix the leak I think I will invest in a steamer and give the whole under side a thorough cleaning.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
All of the above suggestions are going to dilute the oil and drive it deeper into the concrete.

Pour and Restore is the best to get oil off of concrete. Pour it on wait for it to dry and sweep it up.

I had a car with a leaky transmission that sat in my garage for 8 years and left a very large oil slick on the floor and this stuff got it up and left the floor looking better than the rest of the garage floor.

Oil Stain Remover, Oil Stain Removal, Removing Oil Staind on Driveway, Concrete Oil Stain | Pour-N-Restore

Users who are viewing this thread