Oil for VMP 2.3

IllCobra

Established Member
I bought a used Gen 2 VMP 2.3 off a guy that said it only had 8,000 miles on it. If true, the oil it has in it currently should be fine and be good for many more miles . However, I always like putting new fluid in myself , I am sure many of you can relate.
So my question is, can I use the same supercharger oil we use on our stock eaton? How much should I put in? I've googled this and found nothing.

wckdvnm

Established Member
I bought a used Gen 2 VMP 2.3 off a guy that said it only had 8,000 miles on it. If true, the oil it has in it currently should be fine and be good for many more miles . However, I always like putting new fluid in myself , I am sure many of you can relate.
So my question is, can I use the same supercharger oil we use on our stock eaton? How much should I put in? I've googled this and found nothing.

They have a oil service life of 50,000 miles I believe. VMP would be best to ask on that.

SVT_Troy

Established Member
NYE synthetic oil 605 is what is supposed to go in the blower. Look into that small expensive bottle of oil and you’ll see plenty of threads saying that ACDelco synthetic Supercharger oil 10-4041 is the same thing. It’s just relabeled, cheaper and easier to find. Appears to be more widely known in the GM crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

VMP Performance

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Hey IllCobra,

Our recommended service interval is actually 100k Miles

Here is a link to the recommended oil
https://www.vmpperformance.com/Eaton-Supercharger-Oil

Its about 150ml

Feel free to call us if you have anymore questions!

Users who are viewing this thread