Oil filters at quick lube places

black4vcobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
So just how bad are the oil filters at "quick lube" oil change places like Midas or Jiffy Lube?

I don't take my Cobra there, but sometimes I take my DD to these places if I am going to log a lot of miles and I'm close to the oil changer interval. Are the filters used at these places significantly worse than say a Fram or Napa filter?

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Most of the time, you find lower end filter types on the shelves of quick lube places. Just one more reason to change your own oil while making better choices.

On the flip side, there are some very good cheaper filter on the market. The Motorcraft FL820 being one of them.

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Most of the time, you find lower end filter types on the shelves of quick lube places. Just one more reason to change your own oil while making better choices.

On the flip side, there are some very good cheaper filter on the market. The Motorcraft FL820 being one of them.

If you are not getting a Royal Purple or Amsoil filter try at least to get a premium filter.

K&N, Wix, Mobile 1, Purolator One, or NAPA Platinum are all good choices if you can't get the best.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread