Oil cooler

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
Hey guys, my neighbor has a cobra and the oil cooler where the oil filter is has a pin hole passing oil through it. He has been told ford doesent make them anymore. What are his options?

MineralCobra

Established Member
There a company called speedconcepts.net they sell the o'rings and gasket to rebuild the cooler. its really straight forward and its $55 thats including 3 additional o rings for a complete rebuild. I just ordered one

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
if its a hole in the actual cooler that kit isnt going to help.

they have oil filter adapters from other cars that dont use the cooler or go to something like the MMR piece that just has a neck for the coolant hose but youd need a remote oil filter kit as well.

streetone01

SVT
Established Member
I think the pin hole is an actual factory hole. The fact that it is leaking is a sign of needing a rebuild possibly? I haven't gotten to look at it myself yet. Thanks guys

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
If you need the center section of the cooler I have one I'll sell you.

MineralCobra

Established Member
if its a hole in the actual cooler that kit isnt going to help.

they have oil filter adapters from other cars that dont use the cooler or go to something like the MMR piece that just has a neck for the coolant hose but youd need a remote oil filter kit as well.

I believe the OP has a leak from the small pin hole in the oil cooler (factory pin hole) if Im reading it right. The rebuild kit with new o rings should fix from what Im reading.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I believe the OP has a leak from the small pin hole in the oil cooler (factory pin hole) if Im reading it right. The rebuild kit with new o rings should fix from what Im reading.

gotcha, i was thinking like a hole rotted in it or something

speeddemon2000

Established Member
I think the pin hole is an actual factory hole. The fact that it is leaking is a sign of needing a rebuild possibly? I haven't gotten to look at it myself yet. Thanks guys

Correct the pin hole is there from the factory. He needs to replace all the orings. Not that big of a deal but he will need to drain the coolant and take the hoses off.

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
Take off your oil filter, then use a ½" allen wrench to screw the tube back in place. If that doesn't fix the problem, then go the rebuild route. I like to do the free stuff first, then pull out he wallet if that didn't fix it.

I check that tube every time I change the filter.

BTW, that hole on the oil cooler is called a "weep hole" and it was intentionally put there.

Users who are viewing this thread