Oil cooler removal

gaspasr

Established Member
Hey guys,
I noticed an oil leak that I'm pretty sure is coming from the oil cooler area. Seems to be a common area that these cars can leak from. Anybody encounter a how to for this. I have searched extensively but can't find what parts need to come off to make this job easier.

Thanks in advance

WHITESTRIPES

Established Member
There's a thread on how to rebuild it. Definitely get the kit from speed concepts. I just did mine a couple weeks ago.

gaspasr

Established Member
I think the job is a bit too much for me to tackle. Going to find a shop to take care of it and my leaking differential cover. Thanks for advice.

RichM1983

Established Member
Hey man if you go to that thread with the how to you can find part numbers for the O-rings to buy separately and it costs a lot less than the speed concepts kit. Just a heads up. I just did mine. It was a pain in the ass. Also when I took mine apart I realized mine was leaking only because the stupid center shaft that the oil filter goes onto was loose. If I were you I would take the oil filter off and tighten the shaft up and try and see if that solves the problem That may be all it takes.

Good luck.

gaspasr

Established Member
Nothing coming out of the weep hole. It's still pretty messy but i think it's the gasket from block to cooler where it's leaking from. I'm going to try to take a look at it closely when I get it all degreased. I do have the MM oil relocation kit but going to see if I can tighten things before going after o rings.

Users who are viewing this thread