Oil Blowing !!

TooManyFords...

Established Member
I know this isn't about a Boss block, but it is a stroker?! I am a new member of the forum, and I have a question for the performance engine builders. I recently bought an '89 GT with a 347 stroker and a Vortech supercharger, I initially had some problems getting it to run properly, but I found a broken wire on the MSD 7AL-2 that caused a problem. With that fixed it runs much better, but I am still struggling with a hesitation that I hope to fix by tuning the Anderson Ford PMS 4 box. That is a whole different question though, I have been noticing the oil filler cap loosening up when I drive it and last night i decided to open it up a bit, which caused the oil cap to blow off !! I suspect crankcase pressure due to no PCV installed, but I am wondering the best way to diagnose/cure the problem??

Rich B.

The catch can idea works great, always have a few tablespoons of oil waiting in mine. Just one thing… those work only on line suction from crankcase to manifold intake. Other side from air intake is drawing fresh air into crankcase for circulation. May catch a field mouse or other (kidding).

Users who are viewing this thread