oh yea!

RedPitBull

Established Member
1st timer, 1st solo, and lemme tell you,,,this is where i wanna run my car....drags r ok(reaction time, shift, shift, shift, then slow down), but running solo as hard as you can on these layouts is total driving...one more thing...my 97 svt coupe with springs,shocks, tires, shifter and gears was born to run autocross,....(thought i could drive but now i'm learning)

Mach0ne351

Established Member
ya, running autox is way more fun. ive had a lot of events under my belt, and a NASA/X ESP 2003 Championship title as well, and i love the autox. its way better than drag. more skill is used in running autox and open track. its boring to just run for 11-14sec. at a time. lame if u ask me :) try and get into a SCCA club or somethin, if you arent already. youll LOVE it!

-marek

Shangsta

Phat back
Established Member
Mach0ne351 said:
ya, running autox is way more fun. ive had a lot of events under my belt, and a NASA/X ESP 2003 Championship title as well, and i love the autox. its way better than drag. more skill is used in running autox and open track. its boring to just run for 11-14sec. at a time. lame if u ask me :) try and get into a SCCA club or somethin, if you arent already. youll LOVE it!

-marek
Yeah auto x is very fun. Only problem is the cost of tires especially when you run 315's or 275's out back :cryying:

Primaris

Established Member
RedPitBull said:
1st timer, 1st solo, and lemme tell you,,,this is where i wanna run my car....drags r ok(reaction time, shift, shift, shift, then slow down), but running solo as hard as you can on these layouts is total driving...one more thing...my 97 svt coupe with springs,shocks, tires, shifter and gears was born to run autocross,....(thought i could drive but now i'm learning)

Welcome to the addiction! Just don't be mad when you get your butt kicked by a SVT Focus :thumbsup:

SVThopeful

SVT Poster
Established Member
I have some cones that I set-up in the parking lot on the weekend, but I would like to get involved in some organized events. How do I do that?

Mach0ne351

Established Member
miatas handle like true champs. light, rwd, corners like a mofo. fun little car, thats for sure. my friend has a sup'd up miata, and has been a race instructor for a while. him and i get into it when we race, and he always beats me by about 1-1 1/2sec. on our best times. i keep saying to him, so NOT bad for a heavy 1978 chassis mustang keeping up with ya on the twisties :)

miatas are great cars. put a jackson racing supercharger on that with some good boost, its a real fun car.

-marek

mx_9

Established Member
SVThopeful said:
I have some cones that I set-up in the parking lot on the weekend, but I would like to get involved in some organized events. How do I do that?

Look for a regional chapter of SCCA, or a regional AutoX club in general.

If you have a performance shop for tires and alignments in your area check in with them. Chances are that they give discounts to autoX clubs and they can give you a pointer. Good luck.

04cobratorchred

I Love Being Blown
Established Member
last year was my first year and man i had a great time. I raced my 02 GT, but this year i will be driving my Cobra to see how it handles.

David Hester

Established Member
http://www.detroit-scca.org/
In your back door.
I'll warn you. I started SCCA 20+ years ago, thinking I'd work corners a year to watch motorcycle lines (I raced AMA enduro/hare scrambles for 7 years and planned to roadrace the next year). Found out about autoX-rarely hear of any broken bones. 10 years of autoX and I started SOLO I, 10 years of SOLO I and I started roadracing. It IS addictive!

Users who are viewing this thread