Oh Noes...another Metallica thread

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
Loving it so far. I am trying to be unbiased, but I can't. I pretty much love anything Metallica puts out.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
The drums kill it, and so does his singing. Bass and Guitar are great as they ever have been.

I agree... Tuirillo (sp?) is an AMAZING bassist!!! I hated to see Newstead leave, but Tuirillo is definitely an upgrade. There wasn't ANYTHING I liked about that song till the 4 minute mark. 2 things here... I don't want to listen to an 8 minute song, and I don't want to wait 4 minutes to get to the good part.

Thus far they're 0 for 2 with me.

I going to listen to Justice now.

Yep, definitely 0 for 2 with me as well. I'm a big Metallica fan (I like their "old" stuff AND the Load/Reload stuff.... I only dislike St. Anger), but the 2 full songs I've heard are a HUGE disappointment to me.

Euphoric One

Uncommon Sense
Established Member
OK, I'm going angry 14 yr Metallica fan mode on you bitches...:D

Hmmmm. Yes. No. Yes. No.

How is this like old Metallica?

I guess I am expecting this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z-hEyVQDRA

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uebInqG1pJI&feature=related

You were expecting them to re-release songs from Ride the Lightning and MoP on their new CD. Very weird. I'd rather have new material.

I agree... Tuirillo (sp?) is an AMAZING bassist!!! I hated to see Newstead leave, but Tuirillo is definitely an upgrade. There wasn't ANYTHING I liked about that song till the 4 minute mark. 2 things here... I don't want to listen to an 8 minute song, and I don't want to wait 4 minutes to get to the good part.

Yep, definitely 0 for 2 with me as well. I'm a big Metallica fan (I like their "old" stuff AND the Load/Reload stuff.... I only dislike St. Anger), but the 2 full songs I've heard are a HUGE disappointment to me.

You're obviously a casual "I listen to the singles fan" since you just stated you don't want to listen to an 8 minute song. Metallica has been writing 6, 7 and 8 minutes sings for 25 years now. It's one of their signatures. They don't write 3.xx minute songs for the radio and the general retarded population with an 8 second attention span.

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
lol...take it easy everyone has a right to their opinion or preffered taste in music....i love debating just as much as the next man but hey some people will love this stuff and others won't.

I still can't wait for Dec 20th....they kick major live ass:rockon:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
i LOVE this song! its just plain awesome! i really love the drum track too, i dont see why so many of you dont like it. if all the other songs are anywhere near as good as this one, this should be one hell of an album!
I don't want their new stuff to be like their old stuff. If they released the black album this year, I can guarantee that it would be nowhere as big as it was when it was originally released. Music needs to be emotionally relatable to the times, and their old stuff would not fit in now. Thats why we have classics, so we can remember that particular part in history and what was going on in the world and in music.

Metallica needs to modernize itself, and I think they are doing a very good job at doing that with this album.
i concur!
OK, I'm going angry 14 yr Metallica fan mode on you bitches...:D

You were expecting them to re-release songs from Ride the Lightning and MoP on their new CD. Very weird. I'd rather have new material.

You're obviously a casual "I listen to the singles fan" since you just stated you don't want to listen to an 8 minute song. Metallica has been writing 6, 7 and 8 minutes sings for 25 years now. It's one of their signatures. They don't write 3.xx minute songs for the radio and the general retarded population with an 8 second attention span.
i concur!

if anyone wants to hear 'ride the lightning' or any of their older stuff, well those albums were released quite a while ago you know:dw:

tama

Mastermind
Established Member
i LOVE this song! its just plain awesome! i really love the drum track too, i dont see why so many of you dont like it. if all the other songs are anywhere near as good as this one, this should be one hell of an album!

i concur!

i concur!

if anyone wants to hear 'ride the lightning' or any of their older stuff, well those albums were released quite a while ago you know:dw:

I think this is a good solid song. I just think the drums, especially the snare, is too much upfront in the mix.....it kinda overpowers everything else. Especially when Lars is hitting it like a machine gun...i think he overdid it...

The second part of the song he needed the hi-hits to stand out more and a bit faster....the drums kinda keep this slong slower then it needed to be at the end.

Someone tell him to get ride of the China crash cymbal he has....way overused by him.

otherwise again I like this song....i just wanted something more in your face released.

ScrmngYellow04

Somebody's Watching Me
Established Member
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TlFq5oMB1Go"]YouTube - Metallicops - Sue all the world[/ame]

Metallicops

Posted in other thread also.

NWS

mustanginky

Established Member
i'm always a metallica fan. i have seen them live 3 times and they're awesome every time they go live. I'm not a fan of lars ridiculous snare drumming, but i like this song. james voice sounds good, he's taken a more bluesy sound the last few albums. good songwriting. it's never gonna be old school metallica, that's what concerts are for. if you ask me their songwriting is as good as it ever was, just not quite as hard guitar or drumming. i'd say their sound is a mix of rock and blues anymore, not so much metal. but it's not bad. i didn't like this song when it first came out but i'm becoming more of a fan.

dooberGN

Established Member
Damn that snare sounds like he is playing with shit all of over it. Other then that not bad.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225
Established Member
The drums kill it, and so does his singing. Bass and Guitar are great as they ever have been.

+1 i agree > and as a result it sounds like a mix of the old metallica with the new metallica. but it stills gets a passing grade from me. i saw the master of puppets tour in Tucson and Phoenix back in 1986 when the original bassist Cliff Burton was in the band. after the "kill em all" and the "ride the lightning" and the "master of puppets" CD the last metallica CD i bought was "Garage inc" and that was just because they were covering othe bands music, so......

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
+1 i agree > and as a result it sounds like a mix of the old metallica with the new metallica. but it stills gets a passing grade from me. i saw the master of puppets tour in Tucson and Phoenix back in 1986 when the original bassist Cliff Burton was in the band. after the "kill em all" and the "ride the lightning" and the "master of puppets" CD the last metallica CD i bought was "Garage inc" and that was just because they were covering othe bands music, so......

No "...and Justice for All?"

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member

No. No. No. Everyone keeps saying that this album will harken back to the good old days. To me RTL and MOP is the good old days and this new song sounds nothing likethe good old days. Not meaning re-release old songs. I'm talkign style, power, etc, etc.

This song falls a little short but I will be waiting to be able to listen to the entire album before I make final judgement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread