offset for wheels on IRS car

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Weld RT and RTS wheels fit over Cobra brakes. The only grinding needed is the rear tie rod on IRS equipped vehicles.

rudycobra

Established Member
I had to grind brake bolt down to nothing . Also had to grind the tie rod end and part of the spindle where the tie rod end mounts . Also had to grind the brake bleeder screw in half

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
I had to grind brake bolt down to nothing . Also had to grind the tie rod end and part of the spindle where the tie rod end mounts . Also had to grind the brake bleeder screw in half

That's why Greg Welds/Racestars suck and Welds are where it's at. :beer:

rudycobra

Established Member
If I had to do it again I mite not but I paid 900 bucks for new rims and tires plus the guy threw in 4 drilled slotted rotors slightly used but good shape , and 2 555rs with 1/3 life left that I wanted for old stock set rims . I couldn't pass up the deal

Screamin'04

Established Member
Yea, I hear ya... some deals are just too good to pass up. If it were me though, I wouldn't put any serious 60' times on those back rims. I'd always have those offset washers troubling me on the dig. They may be fine I don't know, but I would always have doubt in them personally.

Sent from my HTC Inspire biotch...

rudycobra

Established Member
There's a solid plastic ring that fits in the back of the wheel and fits snug around where it sits on the rotor . That really centers the wheel . I agree not big fan of washer but it's really not the washer that centers the wheel .

ashleyroachclip

Established Member
I would like to ask a question , regarding the offset , back spacing of wheels in a fox body car with an IRS swap.
What are you guys running that have done this swap ?

Competition

Hood Rich
Established Member
Haha... glad to see that you made it back to the site bro...

Sent from my HTC Inspire biotch...

I need a good hi-res side picture of your car with the RT rears so I can do a better chop than this:

6342998118_e84dd47bfe_b.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread