Offroad X-Pipe?

B

blown03cobra

not to sound rude or anything but there have been TONS of posts on the 03' forum about this exact topic..... If you could perform a search for X-pipe Im sure you will find all of your answers, and if ya still have questions Im sure no one will mind giving their .02 :beer:

Silver 03 Cobra

I put an o/r x-pipe on my 03 first and there was definatley more power versus the catted version I'm running now. But, it was extremely loud. You will also not like the sound. Go with a catted pipe. I'm throwning down 395/374 at the wheels with exhaust, filter and silencer removed. What more could you want :-D .

Red2k3cobra

I had a 1996 GT and had a offroad x pipe on it but after a few years I noticed my back bumper had dis-colored some. For instance my car was white and the bumper has turned yellowish in spots, has anyone else has this problem??? Is this due to not having cats?

Thanks,
Ronald

Sonic03

Alaskan Assasin
Established Member
Originally posted by Silver03Snake
I put an o/r x-pipe on my 03 first and there was definatley more power versus the catted version I'm running now. But, it was extremely loud. You will also not like the sound. Go with a catted pipe. I'm throwning down 395/374 at the wheels with exhaust, filter and silencer removed. What more could you want :-D .

Thanks for the feedback, I didn't meen to waste anybody's time, I just haven't seen any #'s put down w/out the cats. I think I will go w/ the catted X, and save some $$$$.

Thanks for your .02 blown03cobra.

B

blown03cobra

Originally posted by 00yellowr

Thanks for the feedback, I didn't meen to waste anybody's time, I just haven't seen any #'s put down w/out the cats. I think I will go w/ the catted X, and save some $$$$.

Thanks for your .02 blown03cobra.

no problemo buddy, I just thought that you would find some interesting stuff that we have previously talked about concerning exhaust and stuff. have a good one :beer:

Cat Breath

Established Member
JDM mentioned to me when I was ordering their complete exhaust that the HP diff. they saw between their high flow cat pipe and an offroad pipe was only 9 HP. Not worth bypassing cats just for that, considering the extra noise your car will generate, the risk of getting a stiff federal fine for removing them, the hassle of putting on a catted pipe just for emisions testing, and having people drive by you pinching thier noses and looking at you funny. Not to mention the negative impact on the environment.

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
someone with the name cat breath talking about smell?

as for people holding thier noses as they pass me.....

lol...

first of all they Won't be passing me

second after I pass them they will be on the side of the road trying to figure out how to put thier doors back on...

As for the entire thread....

Just leave the cats on... big deal so your running cats.... if it was a neon I could understand your need for a couple hp...

Its a 03 cobra for god's sake...

My only bitch is that most people don't know an 03 from an 01 and everyday I get the uninformed....

sightings of "new" cobras...

:cuss:

B

blown03cobra

Originally posted by VintagePorscheG
someone with the name cat breath talking about smell?

as for people holding thier noses as they pass me.....

lol...

first of all they Won't be passing me

:cuss:

and you figure this how????:burn:

Users who are viewing this thread