Officially retired

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Well, I did something today. I called it a day with the Clark County School District in Las Vegas. Turned in my badge, signed my paperwork, worked it all out with my pension plan, and am officially retired from teaching. Who knows what the future holds....
283740083_10161751849547538_743316807801252256_n.jpg
Welcome to the club.

VegasMichael

Established Member

VegasMichael

Established Member
Congrats! Been thinking more and more about this too.
Moving to upstate NY I hope?
Yes, sir. Suburban Rochester. I'll be shacking up with my parents until my stuff arrives and then I'll find a place. I sold almost everything. Furniture, televisions, pool table, garage stuff. Movers wanted anywhere from 25k to 32k to move my stuff. I figured I had maybe 6-7k worth of stuff so I told them to F off and am getting a pod or two. I'm going to rent an apartment at first, then decide if I'm going to buy a place or not.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
Yes, sir. Suburban Rochester. I'll be shacking up with my parents until my stuff arrives and then I'll find a place. I sold almost everything. Furniture, televisions, pool table, garage stuff. Movers wanted anywhere from 25k to 32k to move my stuff. I figured I had maybe 6-7k worth of stuff so I told them to F off and am getting a pod or two. I'm going to rent an apartment at first, then decide if I'm going to buy a place or not.
When I got a quote to move some stuff from Mass to Naples it was laughable. It’s cheaper to just throw everything away and start over.

VegasMichael

Established Member
When I got a quote to move some stuff from Mass to Naples it was laughable. It’s cheaper to just throw everything away and start over.
I couldn't believe the quotes I got. I e-mailed one guy and said there must be a mistake because it says $32,941. No mistake. I've heard so many horror stories about movers damaging things, charging outrageous prices, things getting stolen and them not showing up when they are supposed to.
no kidding, $30k to move shit? Good ****ing lord. I'm in the wrong biz.
Even the two pods are costing me a little over 4 grand.

Zemedici

Established Member
I couldn't believe the quotes I got. I e-mailed one guy and said there must be a mistake because it says $32,941. No mistake. I've heard so many horror stories about movers damaging things, charging outrageous prices, things getting stolen and them not showing up when they are supposed to.

oh yeah man I've heard the same, peoples entire house will be in a tractor trailer, and it wont show up for weeks. Or half the stuff will show up damaged, was a company here locally in atlanta that LOST a bunch of customers belongings.

Like what.

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member

After I got the quote I gave the new homeowner everything for free in my house because he paid $30k cash over asking and the transaction was extremely smooth and he had two young kids and something happened to his wife. I just couldn’t deal with trying to sell it all.
****in guy was crying when I told him it was all his.

VegasMichael

Established Member
After I got the quote I gave the new homeowner everything for free in my house because he paid $30k cash over asking and the transaction was extremely smooth and he had two young kids and something happened to his wife. I just couldn’t deal with trying to sell it all.
****in guy was crying when I told him it was all his.
That was nice of you. You've got a good soul.
I've been giving stuff away for free or charging such ridiculously low prices people look at me and say, "Are you sure?"
Yes, I'm sure. I just want it all to be over with.
I didn't place any ads or anything. I focused solely on friends/neighbors/coworkers. I don't like strangers in my house. Couldn't get rid of the gas dryer since it has some issues so I'm paying a junk guy $50 to haul it away tomorrow.
Whatever I can't get rid of by Wednesday I'm leaving on the curb with a sign that says: "It's all yours, baby!"

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
That was nice of you. You've got a good soul.
I've been giving stuff away for free or charging such ridiculously low prices people look at me and say, "Are you sure?"
Yes, I'm sure. I just want it all to be over with.
I didn't place any ads or anything. I focused solely on friends/neighbors/coworkers. I don't like strangers in my house. Couldn't get rid of the gas dryer since it has some issues so I'm paying a junk guy $50 to haul it away tomorrow.
Whatever I can't get rid of by Wednesday I'm leaving on the curb with a sign that says: "It's all yours, baby!"
Selling our house in Mass and living here is one of the best things I ever did. You will be very happy when it’s all over and you can just relax and enjoy it.

Users who are viewing this thread