Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
- Non-Z51
- Manual 7 Speed
- Long Tube Headers
- Catless X Pipe
- 1/4 Tank of Fuel

*Weighed at Burrtec Public Scales - Certified CA Weight Station*
(scale weight is rounded to nearest multiple of 10)

Image Proof:
https://imgur.com/m15Z24R

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
m15Z24R

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Nice! I always thought the hardtop C5 was light, but that is way more impressive.

jenkins_1120

Established Member
g
my official weight 178

- cotton shirt
- cotton sweats
- cotton socks (low ankle, weight saving)
- cotton underwear

*weighed in my bathroom - certified by my wife
(scale weight is rounded to the nearest decibel point)

got a good chuckle out of this

_Snake_

Established Member
my official weight 178

- cotton shirt
- cotton sweats
- cotton underwear

Decibel point? You almost nailed it. Lol

OP - that’s 3180 with no weight reduction mods? Damn impressive!

Silverstrike

It's to big to move FAST!
Established Member
Yes I was told that going with the carbon fiber hood and top saved roughly 45 lbs over the composite that the C6's had. But the prices slay me as the hood is around $5000 and the top is $6000 to replace. Unless you have the glass top then I think it's slightly heavier, and vastly cheaper only $1000.

Also there is around 20 lbs difference between the 7 gear manual over the 8 gear auto transmission and systems. Just impressive that GM was able to almost shave 65 lbs off the 7 speed equipped C7's

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
my official weight 178

- cotton shirt
- cotton sweats
- cotton underwear

Awesome! LOL!

3,180 for that Vette is really good. And I don't think that is with the OP in it.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
That seems stupendously light for a C7 Corvette. GM listed the C7 at 3,347 in base trim. Wonder how you shaved 167lbs with just headers and cats?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
That seems stupendously light for a C7 Corvette. GM listed the C7 at 3,347 in base trim. Wonder how you shaved 167lbs with just headers and cats?

I have seen several weight threads on CF forums. The base car with the M7, non Z51, with 2-3 gallons of gas weighs in around 3250ish. Gasoline is 6.5lbs a gallon, a full tank would roughly add 100lbs and you would essentially arrive at GM's figure. The certificate of origin on the base cars has shipping weight around 3250/3260lbs. I do agree and find it hard to to believe headers, off road mid pipe would shave significant weight, 20-30lbs tops. Now if you are go to a different cat back that's basically straight thru, then you might save a nice chunk in combination with the headers and mid-pipe.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
Nah, GM rated them at 3,298 in lightest form. Who knows if they weighed them with fuel or not, and if so how much fuel.

CA certified weight station too.

ElCoyote

Lord SVT Contributor
Established Member
I have seen several weight threads on CF forums. The base car with the M7, non Z51, with 2-3 gallons of gas weighs in around 3250ish. Gasoline is 6.5lbs a gallon, a full tank would roughly add 100lbs and you would essentially arrive at GM's figure. The certificate of origin on the base cars has shipping weight around 3250/3260lbs. I do agree and find it hard to to believe headers, off road mid pipe would shave significant weight, 20-30lbs tops. Now if you are go to a different cat back that's basically straight thru, then you might save a nice chunk in combination with the headers and mid-pipe.

Who knows big dog. CA certified weight station in Azusa, CA. Weighed with me and without me in it.

When I bought a c7 I wanted the absolute lightest possible configuration. It’s exactly what I got too.

I was tired of the weight I could feel even in my s197 5.0.

Users who are viewing this thread