"Official" VMP TVS owner thread

mike.b

Established Member
Picking up my Gen 2 VMP Powered 03 Saturday. The shop that set it up is a VMP vendor and they said the 2.9" pulley I ordered based off of VMPs boost chart would be too much. They ordered up a 3.3" instead. It made 15 psi with that pulley which VMP shows as 13psi. I'm sure that's more for guidelines than anything else so no worries. My car made 589whp/535wtq at 15psi on the 3.3" pulley/stock lower running 93 pump. I just feel like I see people with my similar setup running 17-18psi constantly. My tuner said this is as far as he would want to go on pump. I trust him and I'm happy. Just wanted to see what others think about it...

Tbe car has the basics - prochamber, cat back, filter, 170 reische t stat etc as far as under the hood stuff.

Added the accufab with this VMP install. Also added the 60lbs. Already had BAP and SCT MAF.

My Eaton on a 2.8" upper only made 485/485.

This is actually my post. Didn't realize my buddy was logged in on my iPad still lol

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Register as a vendor so you can openly promote. If you don't then any talk will get edited by the mods. Typical for all forums I've been on

Do vendors have to pay the forum? If so there's no way its worth my time to do so to make 10 bucks. Just offering to help thats all, but apparently that's not allowed.

Sorry guys, I missed all this. See above and just PM SID297 and let him know what you want to do. A lot of the time he'll just let us know you're authorized for a small deal like this.

MaxSimoneau

Established Member
New owner of a VMP TVS !!! Just Received mine , can't wait to install ! 12439081_10207246006141992_130085901239202647_n.jpg

chipmonk

Established Member
so has anyone ever used the 2.5 pulley with any luck? i really want to avoid doing lower for e85. my car only made 18lbs on a 2.8 because it has long tubes.

JuStAkId

Just roll with it
Established Member
so has anyone ever used the 2.5 pulley with any luck? i really want to avoid doing lower for e85. my car only made 18lbs on a 2.8 because it has long tubes.

I believe the smallest upper they make is a 2.6. That being said I've seen some people have good luck with it and others not so good luck (belt slip) as long as you have all aftermarket sized pullies and a snub idler with the correct sized belt you should be good to go

edit: with a 2.6 upper only with long tubes you should see right around 20psi of boost

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
They do make a 2.5" pulley. Ive ran one on my car and it makes 22-23psi.

It takes a lot of belt tension to prevent slip

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
They do make a 2.5" pulley. Ive ran one on my car and it makes 22-23psi.

It takes a lot of belt tension to prevent slip

A 2.5" pulley is not recommended. Smallest suggested would be a 2.6 and a tight belt is needed. An upper?lower combo is the best way to go.

NiceCobra

Established Member
Anyone in here ever see 21-22 lbs on a 3" pulley? I just got back from my tuners and that's what my car was seeing.
I ended up overnighting a 3.1 to his shop to try to lower the boost some. Also ordered a 3.3 just in case since they didn't have 3.2 in stock

mike.b

Established Member
Anyone in here ever see 21-22 lbs on a 3" pulley? I just got back from my tuners and that's what my car was seeing.
I ended up overnighting a 3.1 to his shop to try to lower the boost some. Also ordered a 3.3 just in case since they didn't have 3.2 in stock

My tuner said I would see 20-22psi on the 2.9" I orders with it. VMPs chart is definitely off from what I seen.

15psi on the 3.3" is what I ended up with.

Users who are viewing this thread