Official Terminator Picture Thread

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
My grandparents 57 T-bird with my Cobra behind it.
20211227_164537.jpeg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My mom had a '55 baby Bird.
Dad blew the engine at New England Dragway.
Forgiveness was never granted. :ROFLMAO:

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Really? Wow, that's pretty cool.

The one my dad is giving me has the factory V8 and automatic transmission. I'll be moving it into my garage as soon as my 65 is done.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app
Auto. It's a 5.0/AOD conversion.
wow, that is awesome. my mom had a triple yellow (or whatever the pale whitish-yellow color was) '57. i remember driving around in it when i was very young in the mid-sixties. automatic. she sold it at one point and always regretted selling it because she loved the car so much. it would probably be worth big bucks now. she did say it always had overheating problems though. 390? i'm not sure

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
wow, that is awesome. my mom had a triple yellow (or whatever the pale whitish-yellow color was) '57. i remember driving around in it when i was very young in the mid-sixties. automatic. she sold it at one point and always regretted selling it because she loved the car so much. it would probably be worth big bucks now. she did say it always had overheating problems though. 390? i'm not sure
I think the main engine for those was the 312. Maybe the 390 was an option. But it's not a big car at all. They owned one when I was a kid that was almost 1000 point correct at one of the t-bird shows. I think they missed by 3 or 4 points. They sold it because they couldn't drive it in California. They regretted ever since.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member

Yeah my Dad gave his 57 Chevy to my brother already. Once I have the room in my garage I'll be bringing his 57 T-Bird home. My Dad said he wants to "see" me and my brother enjoy the cars before he passes, which is why he is giving them to us now.

I'm not sure which engine is in my Dad's T-Bird. It is either the 292 (4.8) or the 312 (5.1). It does have over heating problems. It has an electric fan pushing air with the factory fan pulling air and it still runs a little warmer than we like. I'll probably replace the water pump and thermostat once I get it. I'll probably have the radiator serviced as well. Hopefully that will help.

The T-Bird I'm getting looks exactly like this one.
20210124_183039.jpg

The 57 Chevy my brother already has (You can see the T-Bird on the other side of the Chevy).
20181006_1352411.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread