FB_IMG_1529868072363.jpeg
FB_IMG_1529875478169.jpeg
FB_IMG_1529875414288.jpeg

# 1339

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I'm coming to Dallas and joining ya'll.

FYI for you Canadians from Boston and on up, "ya'll" is proper English for "you all"
Ah, it's "y'all". What kind of redneck are you?

ya’ll | Common Errors in English Usage and More | Washington State University

If you are rendering this common Southernism in print, be careful where you place the apostrophe, which stands for the second and third letters in “you.”

Note that “y’all” stands for “you all” and is properly a plural form, though some southern speakers treat it as a singular form and resort to “all y’all” for the plural. Most southerners reserve “all y’all” to mean “each and every one of you.” Then there is the occasional case in which the speaker is addressing someone representing a store or other institution composed of several people: “Do y’all sell shop vacs?”

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Ah, it's "y'all". What kind of redneck are you?

ya’ll | Common Errors in English Usage and More | Washington State University

If you are rendering this common Southernism in print, be careful where you place the apostrophe, which stands for the second and third letters in “you.”

Note that “y’all” stands for “you all” and is properly a plural form, though some southern speakers treat it as a singular form and resort to “all y’all” for the plural. Most southerners reserve “all y’all” to mean “each and every one of you.” Then there is the occasional case in which the speaker is addressing someone representing a store or other institution composed of several people: “Do y’all sell shop vacs?”
I'm not a redneck. I'm just posing as one in this thread for a moderately humorous reason. And y'all is correct. I have failed myself and my fellow Texans with my poor attention to detail.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
I'm not a redneck. I'm just posing as one in this thread for a moderately humorous reason. And y'all is correct. I have failed myself and my fellow Texans with my poor attention to detail.
The first step in recovery is admitting you have a problem.

Hi, I'm Todd and I'm a redneck.

Users who are viewing this thread