Official Terminator Diecast Thread

Slwhrse

Hey Guys sorry I attempted to load a picture of the car but am having issues lol. All I can say is Wow! The craftsmanship of this car is unbelievable. When I opened the box I could smell the paint and the metallic pops just as it does on my actual car. The model is lowered just as mine and all the details were covered from the custom license plate to the cobra front grill. The stripes that were air brushed on are amazing. Top notch work here!

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Hey Guys sorry I attempted to load a picture of the car but am having issues lol. All I can say is Wow! The craftsmanship of this car is unbelievable. When I opened the box I could smell the paint and the metallic pops just as it does on my actual car. The model is lowered just as mine and all the details were covered from the custom license plate to the cobra front grill. The stripes that were air brushed on are amazing. Top notch work here!

Hello Slwhrse!!! Thank you VERY much for that raving review! It is greatly appreciated. I'm glad you are pleased with the outcome of the model. Your car is the first car I painted stripes on and I was very pleased that I could get them to line up exactly how they are on your car. Your car is also the first car I placed the Cobra in the grill.

Thank you again for taking the time to provide some feedback. It was a pleasure working with your wife in order to get this car completed for you. She provided all the detail information I needed in order to get the car right and the license plate was her idea.

It's always a pleasure when I get to work with folks like you and I must say my experience building diecast replica cars for members on this site has been a tremendously positive experience.

Lastly, God speed to you and your family with the hurricane recover efforts..........

Slwhrse

Thanks for the kind words and luckily we didnt endure any damages or power outages. I appreciate for getting it done for my Anniversary. I know it was a tough time frame. I am still at aww at how identical it is to my car. I was considering taking it to car shows but I didn't think about someone possibly walking off with it lol...

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Thanks for the kind words and luckily we didnt endure any damages or power outages. I appreciate for getting it done for my Anniversary. I know it was a tough time frame. I am still at aww at how identical it is to my car. I was considering taking it to car shows but I didn't think about someone possibly walking off with it lol...

You're welcome. Your wife did tell me the time frame, so I wanted to ensure it was done on time. Glad everything worked out.

shiiiit down here that's the fastest way to lose your front teeth. I wouldn't worry about that buddy.

LOL, well, I have a friend/SVTP member in San Diego I built a car for @slo984now. He displays his diecast car on top of his supercharger at shows. He hasn't had any issues. However, my glass is always half empty LOL. And where I live there are a lot of unscrupulous people. So, I worry about people doing dumb stuff like that.

And I agree Josh; doing something like that does deserve an @$$ whooping LOL.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay received the Dog Dish wheels for the LAPD car. Started breaking them down and getting them ready for some gloss black paint.

LAPD 21.jpg

LAPD 22.jpg

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
LOL, well, I have a friend/SVTP member in San Diego I built a car for @slo984now. He displays his diecast car on top of his supercharger at shows. He hasn't had any issues. However, my glass is always half empty LOL. And where I live there are a lot of unscrupulous people. So, I worry about people doing dumb stuff like that.

And I agree Josh; doing something like that does deserve an @$$ whooping LOL.

Not to mention enough people know about the model now that if they saw anyone but me holding it I'd have some back up.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay, got some graphics installed on the LAPD car. Still have some clean up and final detail painting to do and then it will be ready for clear cot.

LAPD 24.jpg

LAPD 25.jpg

LAPD 27.jpg

LAPD 29.jpg

LAPD 30.jpg

Dip Dungles

Pew Pew
Established Member
Premium Member
Interested in doing one for me? I’ve got a TR that I would like to be cloned like my Cobra.

Last edited:

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay got some work done on the LAPD car this weekend.

Got the wheels painted and the car clear coated:

BEFORE:
LAPD 31.jpg

AFTER:
LAPD 32.jpg

Car in Clear
LAPD 33.jpg

LAPD 34.jpg

LAPD 35.jpg

LAPD 36.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay, got the Dog Dish wheels assembled, got the taillight panel painted in simulated chrome and assembled and got the lower body molding painted in simulated chrome. Now it's time to start reassembly......

LAPD 37.jpg

LAPD 38.jpg

LAPD 39.jpg

LAPD 40.jpg

LAPD 41.jpg

LAPD 42.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay got some assembly done on the LAPD car. I added the spotlight and think it adds to the realism of the build. The owner seems VERY pleased with the build thus far. I'm hoping to have it finished this weekend. Then I'll go full time on some other Cobra's I have in the works...........

LAPD 43.jpg

LAPD 44.jpg

LAPD 45.jpg

LAPD 46.jpg

LAPD 47.jpg

LAPD 48.jpg

vrt03cobra

Drive it Like U STOLE IT
Established Member
Okay everyone,

Got the MC coupe finished up last night. This one came out really good. I'm very happy with it. I just hope HPLouis will be happy with it once he gets his hands on it LOL (I think he will be :D).

This one has a personalized plate, chrome rear bumper letters, and smoked headlights per the owners request. Everything else is stock MC Cobra to include suspension height. I really like how it looks with the smoked headlights.

I also like the head on shot. Really shows off the interior.

View attachment 1507628

View attachment 1507629

View attachment 1507630

View attachment 1507631

View attachment 1507632

View attachment 1507633

View attachment 1507634

How much do you charge for the mystichrome job?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay All,

Got the LAPD car finished up. I also built another BP Car. I don't have pictures of the BP car as it looks like the other one I built and posted.

So, here is the LAPD car.

LAPD 49.jpg

LAPD 50.jpg

LAPD 51.jpg

LAPD 52.jpg

LAPD 53.jpg

LAPD 54.jpg

I like this comparison shot........
LAPD 3.jpg

LAPD 56.jpg

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Okay,

Now I have 3 Cobra's in the works. SM Coupe; MC Coupe and a TR Coupe. Another Cobra is pending, but the requester has not pulled the trigger yet......... So, thanks to you SVTP members for keeping me busy. It is GREATLY appreciated!!!

coremaster21

Established Member
Okay,

Now I have 3 Cobra's in the works. SM Coupe; MC Coupe and a TR Coupe. Another Cobra is pending, but the requester has not pulled the trigger yet......... So, thanks to you SVTP members for keeping me busy. It is GREATLY appreciated!!!
Where do you find all the Maisto cobras?

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
Where do you find all the Maisto cobras?

I find most of them on eBay Corbin. Some I get like new for a decent price. However, most are a little on the scratched side or have some minor scuffs, but since I'm painting them anyway it's no issue. So, when I see them for a decent price I buy them. Sometimes I make offers and the seller accepts my offer. I'm always on the lookout in order to keep my supply stocked up.

coremaster21

Established Member
I find most of them on eBay Corbin. Some I get like new for a decent price. However, most are a little on the scratched side or have some minor scuffs, but since I'm painting them anyway it's no issue. So, when I see them for a decent price I buy them. Sometimes I make offers and the seller accepts my offer. I'm always on the lookout in order to keep my supply stocked up.
Gotcha, thanks for the reply. I just wondered because I always had a hard time finding them for a decent price.

Users who are viewing this thread