Official PNWSVT rebuild thread

PNWSVT

Established Member
ladies and gentlemen, come one come all, and witness as I spend money I don’t have on the car I always wanted lol

Today is my prep day, I have spent the last few days gathering what I need to effectively and efficiently pull the motor and trans (out the top) of my 03 cobra. I will document everything I do and take plenty of photos but if anyone would like something in particular just let me know.

What’s going to happen:
  • Pull motor
  • Tear down “carb to pan”
  • I have full access to the machine shop so if anyone wants to see how the machine shop does stuff let me know.
  • Clutch, flywheel, TOB and sleeve
  • Replace all fuel lines and connections
  • Replacing things I break along the way lol
Sunday begins tear down, wish me luck!

-Murph

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Good luck. However blower to pan no carbs on these cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Good luck!! You planning on going bigger better and stronger? Or what’s the plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

PNWSVT

Established Member
Negative. I wish though. The Falcon in Mad Max started my love affair with cars.
Shoot it’s hard to pinpoint what got me into cars, probably just my dad and all the cars we had growing up. Before he passed away we built a 68 falcon with a dart small block at 427 ci, enderly fuel injection with a BDS 8-71 on alcohol. It was a bad ass ride.

PNWSVT

Established Member
Good luck!! You planning on going bigger better and stronger? Or what’s the plan?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Let’s see really the plan is to do whatever is needed. If at any point in the rebuild it nears 4K with the stock block, I plan on going with

MMR 5.0 STROKER 900S Forged Shortblock (up to 900RWHP) [400900S] - $5,199.99 : Modular Motorsports, Home of the Worlds Fastest Modular Engines

I read a lot of good things on here about the boss 5.0 block but I can’t find a decent price.

PNWSVT

Established Member
Well turns out it was a little more labor intensive than I thought lol. Got the blower off and all the accessories etc. at the point now where I will disconnect the driveshaft and get the trans ready to get pulled as well. Will be out sometime this week but MANNNN those intake bolts under the blower were terrible to get to with the fuel rails in the way!

PNWSVT

Established Member
Yeah it is lol I was watching these how to videos and everyone made it look so easy, so I said cool I got this lol I didn’t got this. I only broke one clip so far so that’s neat

Nightmare302

OhChuteRacing Owner
Established Member
There are a lot of options out there besides the MMR setup. I would look around. Secondly, as that package sits it won't support 900hp and if you plan to build an entire shortblock with labor for under 4k and have it hold you need to talk to a shop before you get much further.

03' White Snake

Established Member
Labor is not a issue, my machine work etc will be taken care of. I want 750hp that’s reliable, so whatever I gotta do down low to make that happen, I’m open to ideas

Bump the compression and e85. 750 rwhp no problem. You will pass 4k very quickly if you choose the best parts. Ex. ARP hardware, pistons, gaskets, ect. I had over 3k in machining and short block assembly. I supplied all the parts to them.

I just finished my build, going on the dyno this week, can't wait to see how she does.

PNWSVT

Established Member
I can’t do E85 it’s just not practical where I live (Tacoma area) there are like 2 gas stations that have E85 here. So again my machine work will be 0. With that cost negated is it still not possible to get to 4k for a stout bottom end ? Top end all I need is stainless valves

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I can’t do E85 it’s just not practical where I live (Tacoma area) there are like 2 gas stations that have E85 here. So again my machine work will be 0. With that cost negated is it still not possible to get to 4k for a stout bottom end ? Top end all I need is stainless valves

If you can't run E85 and are going with pump gasoline....revise your power goal down about 75-100 or you'll be making a new thread about the rebuild of the rebuild

PNWSVT

Established Member
alright so you’re saying I can’t take a 4.6 block, not pay for machine work, and put 4000 into the bottom end and not make 750 with the rest of my setup? If that’s what you’re saying, why?

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
alright so you’re saying I can’t take a 4.6 block, not pay for machine work, and put 4000 into the bottom end and not make 750 with the rest of my setup? If that’s what you’re saying, why?

Because to make that 750 number, you'll need to run boost levels and timing that will melt a piston in short order running pump gas. The cylinder temps are astronomical pump gas versus E85. You might make a hero number on the dyno.....but I suspect it will fail very quickly once you leave

You need to really think thru your next steps on that motor and the fuel type that will be used. Are you 100% positive you won't run E85 at all? These answers might make a huge difference with the compression you want to set this motor up. Think it thru fully before proceeding.

If I was you, I'd sell the 3.4 regardless. The smaller blower will work better and be easier on the crank. If you can run E85 for your "kill" setup.....you could design that motor higher compression and make the 750 with a 2.3. And the days you leave it pump gas in "detuned" mode....it will be more snappy than the 3.4 lugging around low boost with a low compression motor

Users who are viewing this thread