Official Cobra Exhaust Sound Clip Thread.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
I should have updated but I went ahead and did full exhaust using the Borla Pro XS this winter with LMR tailpipes and Pypes flo tubes and absolutely love the sound. Nice quiet burble at idle but once in the throttle it sounds great and not overly loud even with the top down. Here's a cold start video.

Hey do you remember what offset combo you used? I have some xr1 I think on it now and they are center/center so I ordered XS that way but they’re too wide and would hit frame. I’m guessing I need offset/offset and probably buy some flow pipes as well. ?

rzimmerl

Established Member
I have offset/offset with the only muffler they offer in 2.5”, flo tubes are pypes ss. Passenger side doesn’t fit well but driver is super easy and nice fit.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
I have offset/offset with the only muffler they offer in 2.5”, flo tubes are pypes ss. Passenger side doesn’t fit well but driver is super easy and nice fit.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Awesome thanks. Muffler place told me that buying proxs that the sound wouldn’t change any compared to the ones I have now because they’re the same length but I’ve had them in the past and loved them. But, in the past I had a catted x pipe and now this one is off-road so I kind of do w wonder how much louder it is with off road x. My main goal is to get rid of the drone at cruising speeds.

Adower

Established Member
Awesome thanks. Muffler place told me that buying proxs that the sound wouldn’t change any compared to the ones I have now because they’re the same length but I’ve had them in the past and loved them. But, in the past I had a catted x pipe and now this one is off-road so I kind of do w wonder how much louder it is with off road x. My main goal is to get rid of the drone at cruising speeds.
My buddy went from XR1's to ProXS with a non catted mid pipe. There was a pretty big noise difference.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
My buddy went from XR1's to ProXS with a non catted mid pipe. There was a pretty big noise difference.
Exactly what I was thinking too. Either way I just ordered the offset/offset xs’s and pypes flow tubes so there’s no damn excuse for them not to fit now.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Here's my current setup where it's center/center and, therefore, a wider xs wouldn't work.

Attachments

• exhaust.jpg
    exhaust.jpg
    363.5 KB · Views: 129

Adower

Established Member
Here's my current setup where it's center/center and, therefore, a wider xs wouldn't work.
How much wider are the proxs vs xr1? Wouldn’t an exhaust guy be able to make a few bends to get them to fit?

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Well I got the Pro XS’s put on today and it doesn’t sound much different than the xr1’s I took off lol. I guess I really do need cats to get the sound I remember from my old cobra many years ago. Sucks because those mid pipes cost a fortune but the exhaust smell does kind of suck anyways

Adower

Established Member
Well I got the Pro XS’s put on today and it doesn’t sound much different than the xr1’s I took off lol. I guess I really do need cats to get the sound I remember from my old cobra many years ago. Sucks because those mid pipes cost a fortune but the exhaust smell does kind of suck anyways
Weird my buddy went from xr1's to proxs and it was a big change.

Last edited:

Adower

Established Member
I was shocked myself honestly. Still a loud drone between 2200-2500 or so rpm. Guess I’m gonna be on the search for a catted mid pipe.
How is the loudness overall compared between the two.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
How is the loudness overall compared between the two.
Sounds almost identical. There is some difference where if i'm just kind of riding and not really hitting the gas where its quiet. The tone is different at WOT, less popping echoing back, which is what i was looking for as well. I'm almost there. I try to convince myself there's a difference because of the money spent but I can't justify that much for the difference so far lol.

Users who are viewing this thread