Official Cobra Exhaust Sound Clip Thread.

94SnakeBite

LegacyCore
A really bad and too close phone video of the exhaust on my 94 Cobra.

th_20160708_185420_zpsk8cwsslp.jpg

Cobraonr

Established Member
Evening drive home, just a minute video of the dashboard view.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

rzimmerl

Established Member
Anyone heard any clips with borla pro xs mufflers and O/R X? Not liking the hollow and downshift rasp with my O/R X and MAC catback. Looking to either build new with Pypes SS flow tubes, Borla Pro XS mufflers, LMR SS tailpipes, or get the borla stinger kit and put some cats in the bassani O/R X pipe. I like the clean side look using the LMR tailpipes vs borla stinger kit with the 4" tips.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
1998 Cobra, 4.6 DOHC, Diamond forged Pistons, Manley H-beams, IMRC delete, stock intake, stock header, cat delete, H-pipes, Flowmaster American Thunder Mufflers.

Stock gears out back? It took a while to get through the RPMs. Car sounds good.

Mark99GT

Established Member
Here's my 97 Cobra, stock manifolds, 2.5" stainless offroad H pipe, stainless Spintech Pro Street 6000 mufflers, Pypes 3" LX stainless tailpipes. Cold start, some revs to 2500-3500 rpm, and brief walkaround for the tailpipes with idling, and then some more revs at the end.

Phone speakers don't do it justice. Sounds great (imo) with good speakers and the volume up.

Last edited:

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
Anyone heard any clips with borla pro xs mufflers and O/R X? Not liking the hollow and downshift rasp with my O/R X and MAC catback. Looking to either build new with Pypes SS flow tubes, Borla Pro XS mufflers, LMR SS tailpipes, or get the borla stinger kit and put some cats in the bassani O/R X pipe. I like the clean side look using the LMR tailpipes vs borla stinger kit with the 4" tips.
I'm just now seeing this. I used to have a cobra with catted x with pro xs and loved it so much. I just bought another cobra back in april and it currently has off road x pipe with borla xr-1's and its too loud for me so I just ordered some pro xs's again so I can let you know pretty soon exactly what you're asking about. XS's are pretty quiet, which is what I want when I'm just driving.

rzimmerl

Established Member
I'm just now seeing this. I used to have a cobra with catted x with pro xs and loved it so much. I just bought another cobra back in april and it currently has off road x pipe with borla xr-1's and its too loud for me so I just ordered some pro xs's again so I can let you know pretty soon exactly what you're asking about. XS's are pretty quiet, which is what I want when I'm just driving.
I should have updated but I went ahead and did full exhaust using the Borla Pro XS this winter with LMR tailpipes and Pypes flo tubes and absolutely love the sound. Nice quiet burble at idle but once in the throttle it sounds great and not overly loud even with the top down. Here's a cold start video.

scottg

it's good to be blown
Established Member
I should have updated but I went ahead and did full exhaust using the Borla Pro XS this winter with LMR tailpipes and Pypes flo tubes and absolutely love the sound. Nice quiet burble at idle but once in the throttle it sounds great and not overly loud even with the top down. Here's a cold start video.

Yep mine is convertible too so that def plays a part. Glad you love them. Mine show they arrived today so hopefully I get mine installed soon

Users who are viewing this thread