ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Is your wording this poor all of the time?

Yes, the difference will be more than that. However it will NOT be the $30 you stated earlier. And the difference in fuel economy will mean MORE frequent fill ups, not a 50% increase at EACH fill up....

geez.

And as I said earlier, if you're purchasing a new car and the $100-200 more you will have to spend on gas a month will break you, you shouldnt be buying a new car...

To be fair, many vehicles get about the same range, and the fuel tanks are larger in lower mpg vehicles. So the frequency will be about the same (based on miles driven), and the cost will be 2x as much (given the 15mpg and 30 mpg examples) to fill up the larger vehicle vs smaller, given that the range is the same, which means the fuel tank is twice as big.

Zemedici

Established Member
To be fair, many vehicles get about the same range, and the fuel tanks are larger in lower mpg vehicles. So the frequency will be about the same (based on miles driven), and the cost will be 2x as much (given the 15mpg and 30 mpg examples) to fill up the larger vehicle vs smaller, given that the range is the same, which means the fuel tank is twice as big.

That's true - but it still does not merit the point that the vehicle taking premium fuel will be a $30 increase PER FILL UP over if the vehicle took regular fuel, unless there is a $2 difference from regular grade fuel to premium...which I find difficult to believe.

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
Agreed. And I'm confused on why we are comparing a 30mpg vehicle in the first place.. the argument was the increase in fuel mileage of the 17 being less than the increase of the higher octane fuel required, meaning that the 17 would cost more to drive.

The argument then became moot when it was posted the 17 can be driven on 87 just like the 14, although I'm sure some gas mileage will suffer there as well.

I'm with you, while no one wants a vehicle that gets 2 mpg's, if you're having to figure up percentages to find out how much more the gas will cost, you've over-reached your purchasing power or are purchasing the wrong type of vehicle.

jtkz13

Established Member
Ok can we get back to talking about the trucks performance, looks, etc. Who gives a flying **** about gas mileage in a truck designed for offroad racing? Jesus H.

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
lurking....signs me out, sign back in...still lurking. when can we get a v8? lol

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
I am saddened at some of the mpg comments in here. You guys should be able to do the math and understand how tank sizes and mpg in different cars work...

Everyone should also be able to figure out what the cost difference between regular and premium is...

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I am saddened at some of the mpg comments in here. You guys should be able to do the math and understand how tank sizes and mpg in different cars work...

Everyone should also be able to figure out what the cost difference between regular and premium is...
You're really asking a lot here, man. lol

capnkirk52

Eat more POTATOES!!!
Established Member

Logic, reason, and MATH on a public forum? I don't see it panning out.

nofire

Sooner#65
Established Member
I E-chat with a Ford rep and they told me my truck has been built and it's currently en route to the dealership in Houston. It should be there by the 13th, apparently.

SnakeBoostE85

whipped and korned
Established Member
What an awesome truck!! I was never a raptor fan until now. So happy they finally dumped that piece of shit normally aspirated V8. I suppose it was OK at sea level but for us high altitude people that engine was worthless and way overpriced for what you were getting for an engine.

Great job Ford, and I am also pleased to see the price point relatively unchanged. This will clearly be a well deserved value hit to the old raptors.

DHG1078

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Established Member
What an awesome truck!! I was never a raptor fan until now. So happy they finally dumped that piece of shit normally aspirated V8. I suppose it was OK at sea level but for us high altitude people that engine was worthless and way overpriced for what you were getting for an engine.

Great job Ford, and I am also pleased to see the price point relatively unchanged.

Jesus christ... Stop bashing the 6.2L. It was not a bad engine. It had the best torque curve of any engine Ford had available for the Raptor at the time. Any other engine wouldn't have held up or performed as well.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Honestly,.........I couldn't tell you how the gas mileage is on '13 Roush Stage 3 and how much I pay for a gallon of premium grade (93) for it.
I also couldn't tell you how my gas mileage is on my '16 Ram Sport 4X4 regular cab and how much the gallon of plus grade gas (89) I pay to put it in. LOL
I really don't care either, honestly. (Until gas prices soar out of control like they did a couple of years ago. That was out of control. lol) I'm maybe one of the few that don't even really look at the MPG's on the sticker price/vehicle reviews. That doesn't affect my decision in buying a vehicle at all.

Users who are viewing this thread