Official 03/04 Mach 1 Pics Thread

bullitt784

Established Member
010.gif

023.gif

swervo

Established Member
Beautiful Mach but whoever installed your catback must have been cross-eyed! The tips are all over the place!

Thanks man. I must be cross-eyed then. :shrug: LOL, I got tired of adjusting it. The bolts kept on coming loose so I just left it. I'm thinking about changing them out to either mac or bassani.

HamMach1

Established Member
Thanks man. I must be cross-eyed then. :shrug: LOL, I got tired of adjusting it. The bolts kept on coming loose so I just left it. I'm thinking about changing them out to either mac or bassani.

Haha I feel you. When I installed my Magnapacks... I didn't really have the right tools so it made tightening really difficult. So after I installed it I took it to a shop to tighten everything up with their air tools and stuff.

At least both tips point upwards. It actually doesn't look bad with both point up, unlike when I had my MAC catback and the dumbass shop installed one of the tips straight and the other pointing up. That bugged the hell out of me!

Looks like you need some new tires soon too :p

swervo

Established Member
Haha I feel you. When I installed my Magnapacks... I didn't really have the right tools so it made tightening really difficult. So after I installed it I took it to a shop to tighten everything up with their air tools and stuff.

At least both tips point upwards. It actually doesn't look bad with both point up, unlike when I had my MAC catback and the dumbass shop installed one of the tips straight and the other pointing up. That bugged the hell out of me!

Looks like you need some new tires soon too :p

Planning on putting nittos all around. 555s up front and 555Rs on the back. I like the way the BFGs look and perform, but they're so freakin noisy. It's driving me crazy when I'm driving.

Stalker27

Established Member
I'm thinking about changing them out to either mac or bassani.

Sound Off in Quietest to Loudest (Decibels):

1.Borla XS, 80db at idle, 90db at 2,000 rpm, 110db at WOT.
2.Hooker Maxflow, 80db at idle, 90db at 2,000 rpm, 120db at WOT.
3.Magnaflow, 82db at idle, 91 at 2,000 rpm, 114db at WOT.
4.Flowmaster, 82db at idle, 93 at 2,000 rpm, 115db at WOT.
5.Flowtech Warlock, 83db at idle, 92 at 2,000 rpm, 112db at WOT.
6.Dynomax UltraFlo, 83db at idle, 94 at 2,000 rpm, 113db at WOT.
7.Borla XR1, 83db at idle, 96db at 2,000 rpm, 118db at WOT.
8.Bassani Street, 83db at idle, 96db at 2,000 rpm, 120db at WOT.
9.Edelbrock RPM, 84db at idle, 93db at 2,000 rpm, 118db at WOT.
10.Bassani Real Street, 84db at idle, 96db at 2,000 rpm, MAX. (120+db).
11.Flowtech Afterburner, 86db at idle, 94db at 2,000 rpm, 115db at WOT.
12.Flowtech Terminator, 86db at idle, 94db at 2,000 rpm, 119db at WOT.
13.Hooker Aerochamber, 87db at idle, 94db at 2,000 rpm, 114db at WOT.
14.SpinTech, 87db at idle, 97db at 2,000 rpm, 116db at WOT.
15.MAC, 87db at idle, 98db at 2,000 rpm, 119db at WOT.
16.No Muffler, 91db at idle, 103db at 2,000 rpm, MAX. (120+db).

The guys over on TurboMustangs.com recomend for a turbo stang to either run the Dynomax Ultraflow, or the Spinech's. A couple guys are still running the wide open SLP LM1's i believe.
The rule is once you go turbo you don't want to run chambered mufflers due to there horsepower robbing

swervo

Established Member
The guys over on TurboMustangs.com recomend for a turbo stang to either run the Dynomax Ultraflow, or the Spinech's. A couple guys are still running the wide open SLP LM1's i believe.
The rule is once you go turbo you don't want to run chambered mufflers due to there horsepower robbing

I'm currently running SLP LM1s right now. I just want something quieter, kinda like bassani. Still a straight through muffler design I believe.

Stalker27

Established Member
I'm currently running SLP LM1s right now. I just want something quieter, kinda like bassani. Still a straight through muffler design I believe.

If you want something a lil quiter i would say go with the Dynomax ultraflows. Research them if you like over on TurboMustangs.com.
You said you wanted something not as loud. Some guys are complaining that the ultra's are a lil to quite for there taste. Just be sure to not go chambered

tbizzle

Established Member
ok i was looking for a car i've seen on here but it wasnt in this thread. in his sig pic, he has a TR mach with an 01 cobra front bumper. anyone have a pic of that car??

thanks

Users who are viewing this thread