Officers Parked in Median With No Lights

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Dude, seriously? The "white car with reflector logos" that you speak of... did you not read the post you quoted? Holy reading comprehension fail batman. He was faced directly towards me, therefore I could not see him until I ENTERED the turning lane which is about 40 feet long. So about 45mph to 0 in close to 40 feet is close enough to an accident. And both officers just happened to "leave the area" after I stopped a few feet from them? C'mon.

Really, you are claiming that you went from 45 mph to 0 in 40 feet? Actually, 30 feet, because you said you had 10 feet to spare. You are so full of shit it isnt even funny. At that speed it would take about 80 - 90 feet to stop let along the 40 feet or so of recognition time to you see the obstacle and apply breaking. More exaggerations.

Also, the front end of every vehicle has reflectors on them. But The police cars in that area also have reflective tape and markings on the bumpers.

You just TRY to bash people. I merely had a complaint that I thought was illegal, and asked question corresponding to it. I wasn't just bashing police for no reason, so be helpful... not a douche. A cop is in an intersection I'm turning through with no lights on at midnight, sorry if I feel thats a little unacceptable when theres hundreds of other locations the same cop could sit at and patrol the streets.

I dont need to try to bash idiots. They do the job all by themselves. Your village called, they are missing their idiot and would like you to stop posting BS on the internet and return there.

Now go back under your rock before I taunt you again. :eek:

Rossim22

Established Member
Really, you are claiming that you went from 45 mph to 0 in 40 feet? Actually, 30 feet, because you said you had 10 feet to spare. You are so full of shit it isnt even funny. At that speed it would take about 80 - 90 feet to stop let along the 40 feet or so of recognition time to you see the obstacle and apply breaking. More exaggerations.

Also, the front end of every vehicle has reflectors on them. But The police cars in that area also have reflective tape and markings on the bumpers.

I dont need to try to bash idiots. They do the job all by themselves. Your village called, they are missing their idiot and would like you to stop posting BS on the internet and return there.

Now go back under your rock before I taunt you again. :eek:

Again douche if you want to try to get particular about the situation, the cop was in the intersection, not the end of the turning lane. It does not take 80-90 ft to stop from 45 in a Cobra. Again, you're not helping to answer the question, just bitching about the situation in which you were not involved

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Again douche if you want to try to get particular about the situation, the cop was in the intersection, not the end of the turning lane. It does not take 80-90 ft to stop from 45 in a Cobra. Again, you're not helping to answer the question, just bitching about the situation in which you were not involved

You must have the world's most special Cobra, because Ford says the stopping distance in 2003 - 04 Cobra from 40 mph is about 75 feet. So 45 mph would be more. Plus, reaction time is reaction time regardless of the car. During that reaction time your car will travel at 45 mph and thus about 40 feet alone. So, your story holds no water.

Im not the one bitching and moaning, that would be you. Read the posts in this thread, there is a common theme in all of them, that being you are an idiot.

I am simply exposing you for the bullshitter you are. Your statements and distances do not support your lies. You exaggerate in order to backpedal away from your initial unsubstantiated posts. When I counter your BS with fact and logic you call me a douche and attempt to change the topic, but that isnt going to work.

BTW, you clearly put the "DUH" in Floriduh. :bored:

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I dont think you udnerstand OP...if an officer wants to sit in an intersection late at night, he can, hes able to see traffic offenders from different points of view. This road you speak of did you come around a bend and all of sudden see him there or is there at least a straight line of sight of at least 1000 feet? if the latter then any GOOD driver would see a car sitting in the intersection or median or wherever from quite a distance away. And if its so damn dark like you say, headlights and high beams, trust you would see him. And to be frank with you on your question: NO POLICE OFFICERS DO NOT HAVE TO HAVE THEIR PARK LIGHTS ON WHEN SITTING STILL! THIS IS BECAUSE WE ARE ALLOWED TO CONDUCT TRAFFIC ENFORCEMENT IN A STEALTH MODE! you know why? because everyone knows that upon seeing a marked unit, people change their driving patterns and habits to what they is correct so as not to provoke a stop from the officer, but sitting in the dark waiting we get to observe how you really drive...

so now that you have your answer, keep something in mind when posting in this section. Pose the question, get an answer and be done. Be respectful. if you come off as another bickering citizen you will be treated accordingly and starting to throw names around such as "douche" will def. not get you the help you seek

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Ok, apparently you cannot get by the incorrect term I used as "median." In BETWEEN the actual medians there is a space, typical intersection without a light. Since I'm turning left and crossing the other side of the highway I have no means to stop. There are no street lights and since the officer was faced directly towards me, I did not see him until after I had entered the turn lane and my light reflected off of his headlight housings. I was fully paying attention but still stopped only about 10 feet short of his front bumper.

Dude, seriously? The "white car with reflector logos" that you speak of... did you not read the post you quoted? Holy reading comprehension fail batman. He was faced directly towards me, therefore I could not see him until I ENTERED the turning lane which is about 40 feet long. So about 45mph to 0 in close to 40 feet is close enough to an accident. And both officers just happened to "leave the area" after I stopped a few feet from them? C'mon.
I wasn't just bashing police for no reason, so be helpful... not a douche. A cop is in an intersection I'm turning through with no lights on at midnight, sorry if I feel thats a little unacceptable when theres hundreds of other locations the same cop could sit at and patrol the streets.

So, let's attack the (a) headlights on your car and/or (2) your vision. Most states set guidelines for motor vehicle equipment. VA says low beams shall illuminate AT LEAST 200 feet to the front and high beams shall illuminate AT LEAST 500 feet. These distances are taken from SAE and DOT testing standards that are set federally. So if you can see a ****ing parked police car in the median until you're 40 feet away, then either your lights are defective and/or your eyesight is defective. Quit bitching and get something fixed before you kill somebody at night while driving.

Calling a mod a deragatory name is a quick way to get a vacation in this forum. He was being helpful and trying to make you understand the simple logic to your own question. Don't get butthurt just because you don't understand the answers you get.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
OP,
I can tell you from personal experience FordSVTFan has some patience. He tells it like it is and is very knowledgeable in his field. He is also a mod. Don't confuse his patience with you as a sign of being passive. Your question as been answered and the biggest piece of advice I can give you is to let this go. This thread will be closed eventually, the only question left will be, will your account go with it?

Last edited:

CSD

Banned
You must have the world's most special Cobra, because Ford says the stopping distance in 2003 - 04 Cobra from 40 mph is about 75 feet. So 45 mph would be more. Plus, reaction time is reaction time regardless of the car. During that reaction time your car will travel at 45 mph and thus about 40 feet alone. So, your story holds no water.

Im not the one bitching and moaning, that would be you. Read the posts in this thread, there is a common theme in all of them, that being you are an idiot.

I am simply exposing you for the bullshitter you are. Your statements and distances do not support your lies. You exaggerate in order to backpedal away from your initial unsubstantiated posts. When I counter your BS with fact and logic you call me a douche and attempt to change the topic, but that isnt going to work.

BTW, you clearly put the "DUH" in Floriduh. :bored:

:rockon: I wish you posted in SmackDown more often. Every now and then you post some witty responses that make me chuckle.

Tractorman

Greatest dad; Regional Qualifier
Established Member
I've noticed in WI that most, if not all, LEO's in that park where the turn around for maintenance vehicles on 4 lane highways have their parking lights on. I don't know if this is a law or just policy.

Your results may vary.

Rossim22

Established Member
He's going on and on about a small point in the story.. how long the turning lane was lol. And why would I just be driving around with high beams on with oncoming traffic? All I wanted to know is if it was legal for an officer to sit in an intersection with no lights on at all in the absence of street lights. I was under the belief that they had to have their PARKING lights on when PARKED in the dark... silly me. thanks for the answers guys, no offense to mr moderator

Last edited:

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Wow future perma-ban coming? OP your question was already answered... what more do you want?
he wants the LEOs to say that the LEOs in question were wrong and he is justified in being angry. Obviously he is still unsatisfied

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
I've noticed in WI that most, if not all, LEO's in that park where the turn around for maintenance vehicles on 4 lane highways have their parking lights on. I don't know if this is a law or just policy.

Your results may vary.

It's not. I live where you live. We just do that because its convienent, and we don't want to blind the cars on the road. Also remember that critical equipment like our AM/FM radio are connected to the head lights just like everyother car. If it's dark out, and we have the headlights off.... so are the dash lights. How can we tune to Bob and Tom or Murphy in the morning if the dashlights are off?

;-)

Rossim22

Established Member
he wants the LEOs to say that the LEOs in question were wrong and he is justified in being angry. Obviously he is still unsatisfied

No not at all. I thought the answer about the officers being in the median was answered, not officers being in an intersection since I misworded my question. All is well, just another part of the law that doesnt make too much sense. Thanks for the replies

FordSVTFan

Established Member
:rockon: I wish you posted in SmackDown more often. Every now and then you post some witty responses that make me chuckle.

Chris, I understand. I sometimes write a response and laugh to myself. The various obligations in my life keep me from posting more. I get here once a day and often only have time to moderate.

monsterpost

Established Member
It's not. I live where you live. We just do that because its convienent, and we don't want to blind the cars on the road. Also remember that critical equipment like our AM/FM radio are connected to the head lights just like everyother car. If it's dark out, and we have the headlights off.... so are the dash lights. How can we tune to Bob and Tom or Murphy in the morning if the dashlights are off?

;-)

All I can say about that in WI I have seen them with and without there parking lights on.

Users who are viewing this thread