Officers Parked in Median With No Lights

thepizz

OP is a good person
Established Member
Where do people come up with this shit? Assuming you're really stupid and you're being serious. If you're joking, nevermind.

I'm sure you assumed right. We have more than a few members on here who believed the dorm fire!? WTF!:bash:

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Last night I almost got into a head-on collision with a Ford Expedition K9-Unit and tonight in the same exact spot I almost rear-ended an officer in his crown-vic, both had no lights on the exterior or interior. Normally when an officer is trying to be "stealthy" they at least have the front two yellow lights of the crown vic on, which I believe activates their brake lights as well. But sitting with no lights on parked in the median of U.S.41 is asking for a problem

:bs:

Why are you driving in the median- don't drive drunk and you'll probably be able to stay on the roadway more easily:lol:

Beerdog80

Crazy Oklahoman
Established Member
Where do people come up with this shit? Assuming you're really stupid and you're being serious. If you're joking, nevermind.

Probably from one of those websites that tell you 'how to beat a ticket'. Someone tried to pull that shit on me once after the whole 'thought you have to keep your lights on' statement.

Judge wasn't buyin what he was sellin. Max fine imposed for ignorance. :rockon:

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Darn it, I spewed my coffee all over the place! Lmao,There are a lot of exemptions for emergency vehicles. Damn you guys are hilarious.

Last edited:

big04cobra

Established Member
What are you doing driving in the median?

Did you have a question or just come in to bitch?

are you meaning we are suppose to drive in the lanes? i love the median! less traffic there..:dancenana:.. sounds like you are correct on the guy coming in to complain

2012GTCS

Established Member
The OP nowhere to be found haha.

I love all the misconceptions about law enforcement. Things that people make up in their heads because that's the way THEY think it should be and they've convinced themselves it's "law" LOL

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
If you do that. Then OP will ask if you are saying "Meow" and this will happen. And you know nothing good can ever come after this...

SuperTroopers2a.jpg

Rossim22

Established Member
Ok, apparently you cannot get by the incorrect term I used as "median." In BETWEEN the actual medians there is a space, typical intersection without a light. Since I'm turning left and crossing the other side of the highway I have no means to stop. There are no street lights and since the officer was faced directly towards me, I did not see him until after I had entered the turn lane and my light reflected off of his headlight housings. I was fully paying attention but still stopped only about 10 feet short of his front bumper.

Apparently BOTH times the officers in question felt some "guilt" or whatever from sitting in the INTERSECTION without any lights on as both promptly started their cars and left afterwards.

EDIT: And my question which was stated in the OP is are officers required to keep their parking lights on when they're on a normal road? If I just stopped and parked my car on the interstate at midnight, I assume I'd get a ticket for it.

Last edited:

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Ok, apparently you cannot get by the incorrect term I used as "median." In BETWEEN the actual medians there is a space, typical intersection without a light. Since I'm turning left and crossing the other side of the highway I have no means to stop. There are no street lights and since the officer was faced directly towards me, I did not see him until after I had entered the turn lane and my light reflected off of his headlight housings. I was fully paying attention but still stopped only about 10 feet short of his front bumper.

I know the exact area you are speaking of, regardless of street lights your car has properly functioning headlights that let you see a white car with reflector logos at least a mile away. Further, stopping ten feet from the car is not even close to an accident. Holy exaggerations batman.

Apparently BOTH times the officers in question felt some "guilt" or whatever from sitting in the INTERSECTION without any lights on as both promptly started their cars and left afterwards.

Oh, is that what leaving the area means? They felt some "guilt." It means they were going elsewhere, but you cant assign the reason that fits your scenario with no input from the officers.

EDIT: And my question which was stated in the OP is are officers required to keep their parking lights on when they're on a normal road? If I just stopped and parked my car on the interstate at midnight, I assume I'd get a ticket for it.

You are not a L.E.O. in a L.E. vehicle within the scope of your duties, so yes you would get a ticket.

Rossim22

Established Member
I know the exact area you are speaking of, regardless of street lights your car has properly functioning headlights that let you see a white car with reflector logos at least a mile away. Further, stopping ten feet from the car is not even close to an accident. Holy exaggerations batman.

Oh, is that what leaving the area means? They felt some "guilt." It means they were going elsewhere, but you cant assign the reason that fits your scenario with no input from the officers.

You are not a L.E.O. in a L.E. vehicle within the scope of your duties, so yes you would get a ticket.

Dude, seriously? The "white car with reflector logos" that you speak of... did you not read the post you quoted? Holy reading comprehension fail batman. He was faced directly towards me, therefore I could not see him until I ENTERED the turning lane which is about 40 feet long. So about 45mph to 0 in close to 40 feet is close enough to an accident. And both officers just happened to "leave the area" after I stopped a few feet from them? C'mon.

You just TRY to bash people. I merely had a complaint that I thought was illegal, and asked question corresponding to it. I wasn't just bashing police for no reason, so be helpful... not a douche. A cop is in an intersection I'm turning through with no lights on at midnight, sorry if I feel thats a little unacceptable when theres hundreds of other locations the same cop could sit at and patrol the streets.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread