Off Road X-Pipe Question?

avj75

Established Member
For all you running off road x pipes, do you now have the gassy smell since there are no cats on it. I would like to do this mod but don't want to worry about having the gas smell come along with it. Thanks.

BADSEED

Established Member
yes u get a gassy smell had it in my 99 gt, car sound absolutely sick only time it would smell was if i had the top down at a red light...only ppl that hate it would be the ppl that get stuck behind you, trust worth every penny

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
if you want it to be loud then do it, if not then leave the stock or get a catted aftermarket one

avj75

Established Member
Yeah, your right, I need to get the right one for the Shelby. I think I've decided to go with new wheels first then tackle exhaust after that.

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
For all you running off road x pipes, do you now have the gassy smell since there are no cats on it. I would like to do this mod but don't want to worry about having the gas smell come along with it. Thanks.

I had an off-road x on my '03 Mach1. Bassani with flowmaster force II catback. It sounded sick as hell but she (fiance) got tired of the smell. I sold the system and bought a Bassani catted mid-pipe & magnaflow magnapack system and was extatic. I got 85% of the sound (loud wise) but it was a cleaner/deeper sound with crisp gurgle when downshifting. I plan on this setup when I get my GT500. Bassani 3" catted X #5407R3M & magnaflow 3" catback #16674

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
Yeah, your right, I need to get the right one for the Shelby. I think I've decided to go with new wheels first then tackle exhaust after that.

soon I'll be running the Magnaflows cat x pipe
you may want to look into this. I think part # 16433

sounds great with muffler deletes:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread