Off road pipe for bassani catback?

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Just got the car back today after they installed the passenger side gasket. Made the car sound 100% better, no burble or noise inside the cab. No popping on decel while in gear. Just loud at wot like I want, the bassani catback is just so quiet. I'll update as I drive it more but it sounds like a mustang finally. Any exhaust leak really makes these cars sound like crap.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
the h pipe doesnt produce a good clean sound it produces a blat blat blat sound. think Harley Davidson or Massey Ferguson.

no. think more like a piece of shit farm truck
What mufflers were on the car? Or are you just generalizing? The stock H with Stingers on my car wasn't raspy. And it didn't blat blat or sound like a piece of shit farm truck. Same with the O/R H with one chamber Flowmaters on my son's 99 GT. It actually sounded good and aggressive. Too bad it was all bark and no bite.

It's all about the whole set up. Not just one part.

44shelby

Established Member
What mufflers were on the car? Or are you just generalizing? The stock H with Stingers on my car wasn't raspy. And it didn't blat blat or sound like a piece of shit farm truck. Same with the O/R H with one chamber Flowmaters on my son's 99 GT. It actually sounded good and aggressive. Too bad it was all bark and no bite.

It's all about the whole set up. Not just one part.

The only reason the cobra with borla and the stock mid pipe sounded remotely decent was because it had 4 cats to stop the shitty h pipe noise. Flowmasters sound like marbles rolling around in a metal garbage can no matter what mid pipe, the h pipe just makes it slightly worse. The h pipe is the old man (50 and up) mid pipe to let them relive there yesteryear when they had a pile of shit carbureted motor with 3/4 race cam ect.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
The only reason the cobra with borla and the stock mid pipe sounded remotely decent was because it had 4 cats to stop the shitty h pipe noise. Flowmasters sound like marbles rolling around in a metal garbage can no matter what mid pipe, the h pipe just makes it slightly worse. The h pipe is the old man (50 and up) mid pipe to let them relive there yesteryear when they had a pile of shit carbureted motor with 3/4 race cam ect.

Like I've said before, exhaust sound is subjective to the person. What you like/hate isn't going to the the same as what someone else likes/hates.

I've heard plenty of good sounding H and X pipe set ups. And I'm not quite 50 yet.

44shelby

Established Member
Like I've said before, exhaust sound is subjective to the person. What you like/hate isn't going to the the same as what someone else likes/hates.

I've heard plenty of good sounding H and X pipe set ups. And I'm not quite 50 yet.
Have you ever had a fox body with an h pipe? If so then this ones for you!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Have you ever had a fox body with an h pipe? If so then this ones for you!
Not really sure what you're getting at. I'm sure 90% of the people on this board have heard a foxbody with an H pipe. Just like they've heard tons of mod motors with H pipes.

I go to local car meets and shows and have heard everything from a rat rod with zoomies to a straight piped Lambo. Some sound good. Some sound like ass. As I said, it's all subjective.

I don't know what your issue is. Maybe you should just stay in the GT500 forums.

Last edited:

44shelby

Established Member
Not really sure what you're getting at. I'm sure 90% of the people on this board have heard a foxbody with an H pipe. Just like they've heard tons of mod motors with H pipes.

I go to local car meets and shows and have heard everything from a rat rod with zoomies to a straight piped Lambo. Some sound good. Some sound like ass. As I said, it's all subjective.

I don't know what your issue is. Maybe you should just stay in the GT500 forums.
I mean its not really complex what I said. if you are an old fart that owned a foxbody back in the day and put an h pipe and flows on it then this applies. Most old dudes from that era don't have the attention to detail to pick up on the blatty noise the h pipe produces which is definitely more highlighted with certain muffler choices. This is because they are stuck on that old shit and set in their ways. Don't get all offended its just the internet.

PS I have both, a gt500 and terminator and ill post where I feel like it.

Have a Merry Christmas

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I had a gt500 for years and actually grew tired of the raspy pop on decel of the o/r x pipe. It was louder but not necessarily good loud. Went to an o/r h pipe and loved it. No rasp, louder then stock and more of a smooth sound. All subjective but that's the sound I want on my terminator. A catted car with just a catback is too quiet for my taste.

Rambro

Established Member
Mufflers make noise and that’s about it. Maybe 2 hp difference across all types and brands. This old fart has had old foxes with h and x pipes, chambered and straight through mufflers. That said I’d rather have an H pipe and chambered mufflers that sounds like blat, over a raspy, wet fart, crunchy soda can, piece of trash X pipe and straight through mufflers. That garbage is for dumb skinny jean wearing kids who don’t know sht about sht.

44shelby

Established Member
Mufflers make noise and that’s about it. Maybe 2 hp difference across all types and brands. This old fart has had old foxes with h and x pipes, chambered and straight through mufflers. That said I’d rather have an H pipe and chambered mufflers that sounds like blat, over a raspy, wet fart, crunchy soda can, piece of trash X pipe and straight through mufflers. That garbage is for dumb skinny jean wearing kids who don’t know sht about sht.
For some one who talks about other people not knowing shit about shit you are rather dumb yourself. In high power applications a straight through muffler would prove to make more power than a chambered muffler.

Rambro

Established Member
By the time the gasses get back to the mufflers they’ve cooled off. The difference in power with a quality chambered muffler, flowmaster 44’s, is minimal compared to a straight through. Anyone who knows anything knows the real power is in the headers primaries, and collector.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread