Off road mid pipes

mean96svt

Established Member
I’m looking at buying an o/r h pipe for my car and wondering if it will run rich after installation? I’m a noob so this may be a dumb question. Any input appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

ViciousBlack97

Established Member
It will. Also, you'll have that rotten eggs smell you get with no cats. A high flow midpipe is a much better option, imo.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
It will. Also, you'll have that rotten eggs smell you get with no cats. A high flow midpipe is a much better option, imo.

No rotten egg smell from lack of cats. The rotten egg smell comes from a bad cat.
No cats smell = raw fuel smell

I love it, personally.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
No rotten egg smell from lack of cats. The rotten egg smell comes from a bad cat.
No cats smell = raw fuel smell

I love it, personally.
This is true.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
No reason for it to not go into closed loop with O/R pipe.
It should still function normal. It actually smells rich because the little extra fuel that is normally there is not getting burnt up by the cats.

scottydsntknow

Established Member
Get the tune updated for no cats. Or just get a catted pipe. You're not going to gain any power with an OR pipe over a good aftermarket catted one. The UPR/VRS catted pipe uses Magnaflow cats and fit is perfect. If you are dead set on O/R I'd still get the UPR/VRS offroad pipe.

You will draw more attention from cops and fail any visual emissions test if you have cops that care around you or live in a state that tests. Regardless its federally illegal to remove emissions equipment. Most places don't give a shit as long as you have cats but no cats can get your shit impounded and a huge fine. Happened to a friend up in WI.

nomoretickets

Established Member
No reason for it to not go into closed loop with O/R pipe.
It should still function normal. It actually smells rich because the little extra fuel that is normally there is not getting burnt up by the cats.
Yep. The post-cat 02 sensors really only exist to see if your cats are working or not. The pre-cat 02 sensors are what your computer cares about for air/fuel

chao5.0

Established Member
Going off-road means a tune to turn off the rear O2 sensors, I have a Bassani offroad x-pipe for sale for these cars if you are interested instead of a h-pipe.

nomoretickets

Established Member
Off-road mid pipe does NOT make your car run rich. Your car SMELLS rich because the cats aren't burning off extra fumes.

Your car will still go into a closed loop. The post-cat o2 sensors only measure whether your cats are working. They have nothing to do with air/fuel ratio.

Please for the love of God stop spreading this nonsense.

Mr.Sensitivity

Established Member
Going off-road means a tune to turn off the rear O2 sensors, I have a Bassani offroad x-pipe for sale for these cars if you are interested instead of a h-pipe.
Won't let me PM you. I'm interested though is op isn't.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread