OEM style radiator options

EB85

Established Member
What do we have and what fits/works the best? I was told my issue is a leaking rad which doesn't surprise me. And before anyone asks, yes I will borrow a pressure tester and check it myself before I spend any $$$. AM has a couple options including a plastic tanked version and the Mishimoto at 3x the price. I know the factory one is also absurdly expensive. But OEM is all aluminum, correct? Only the V6 and GT have the plastic tanks, IIRC. On a car that will remain stock or damn close to it, is there a point in spending more or has anyone else used the plastic style ones with good success?

I also have a Reische at home already and will probably put new hoses on it just to make sure. At 13 years old, who knows?

SVTDice

Established Member
I would get an OEM/Factory radiator, I've heard of getting actually worse cooling with aftermarket radiators, but not sure if this is due to design or because of the fin density and the air moving /around/ the radiator instead of through it. If i ever have to replace my radiator I'm probably going to go with the LFP.

I would get an OEM/Factory radiator, I've heard of getting actually worse cooling with aftermarket radiators, but not sure if this is due to design or because of the fin density and the air moving /around/ the radiator instead of through it. If i ever have to replace my radiator I'm probably going to go with the LFP.

I'm confused. the OEM radiators are now available again for our 03-04s?

EB85

Established Member
I'm confused. the OEM radiators are now available again for our 03-04s?

No, they seem to be discontinued across the board. There's a few websites who list them but I doubt their inventory is correct. It's really a giant pain in the ass. I rag on GM for being run by the handicapped but this is downright stupid. Everything in the aftermarket is a GT rad but posted as being correct for a Cobra. I'm about to throw some stop leak in this car and get rid of it because I keep seeing more and more stupid shit happening between these cars getting old and less and less parts being available.

EB85

Established Member
Has anyone used one of the rebranded GT rads or installed a Mishimoto recently? I know the Mishi units were having fitment and leak issues.

EB85

Established Member
Picked up an all aluminum from lmr...looks ba and cools better than my abused 110 k rad.

Any fitment problems? After this I might just fix it and give it to a dealer telling them to take it off my hands for what I owe and be done with it.

WheelStander

Ford Plastics Engineer
Established Member
I had to put 3 washers in the front bracket bolt for the abs but other than that fitment is perfect.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
I remember we tried looking one for my car. Thought I broke mine. Long story. we couldn't find one oem radiator and nobody had anything aftermarket. It sucks

Users who are viewing this thread