OEM headlight question

jwlightning

Established Member
Believe me, I searched and did not find what I needed.

My passenger side headlight is badly oxidized and I'd like to go ahead and replace both of them.

I've looked at the ones on American Muscle that say they are the OE replacement for the '01 Cobra, but a girl told me on the phone that they were not OE for the '04. I'm referring to the lightly smoked ones below:

Black Mustang Headlights (99-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

I do not think the above would look bad, I'd just rather keep OE looking lights.

So, can anyone tell me where I can find OEM 2004 Cobra headlights at a decent price? If not, should I just go with the AM ones? My car is silver b.t.w.

Thanks in advance for your help! :beer:

jwlightning

Established Member
The oem ones are very expensive.

I thank everyone for their replies. I have ordered from Steve before, I just wasn't certain if it was the only place to get my hands on them. That being said, does anyone have any experience with the ones I linked in my OP?

Thanks again. My lights are the only thing holding me back from my car looking 99% flawless. :nonono:

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
The ones from AM are just basic overseas replicas. You can find them on eBay for $100 shipped from a reputable seller. To be honest, the oem lights are no better/worse but they tend not to leak as often as the aftermarket ones. My car sees no fowl weather so makes no diff to me.

03yellow

Established Member
I did a pair like these off ebay and have havd them 2 years. They looke great. Kept the amber side markers to keep it legal.
Also keep your rubber moldings off the factory lights. I have not had trouble with these but sometimes the aftermarket stuff saves money on the cheap rubber. Had a rubber gromet just fall apart on my old neon replacement headlight lasted 1 month.
The cheaper ebay heaslights are better than the factory headlights.

FORD MUSTANG HEADLIGHTS SMOKED 99 00 01 02 03 04 PAIR:eBay Motors (item 380152158021 end time Aug-27-09 03:41:28 PDT)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread