OEM 95 Cobra R wheels

svtfamily619

Does anyone have an 95 Cobra R wheels for sale? I guess Ford doesn’t sell them anymore. Need a set for #73. The ones on it where apparently chrome at one time and repainted the grey color. Also say made in Japan in the back. That’s not factory is it?

svtfamily619

I thought the originals were made in Japan. Maybe I'm wrong though.

Someone has a set for sale in the classifieds I believe.

Edit:
https://www.svtperformance.com/thre...caps-in-original-boxes.1171494/#post-16141672

IMG_0368.JPG
IMG_0369.JPG
j
IMG_0367.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

tomshep

Another R Addict
Established Member
I agree Jeremy.

For history those appear to be the correct made in Japan rims from Hinodex. The give-away is the text on each side of the valve stem.

Not metioned on the facebook thread, these rims were made in chrome as well from Ford. They were made with and without the lettering on each side of the valve stem. The valve stem versions are considered true Ford Motorsport rims. Those without the lettering were comparable to other low-price knock-offs available during the same era.

It is very possible you have chrome rims painted silver. They do look very glossy. The original rims were a dull gray primer on the back of the spoke and the inside of the rim. The exterior was a sem-gloss gray silver color and there was some overspray past the spoke openings on the inner rim.

Tom

triple-s

Established Member
I have a set i'm thinking about selling with the correct center caps. No road rash but probably would want to repaint them. I don't know what they go for in that condition.

Users who are viewing this thread