OEM 93 Cobra Rims

TFStang

Established Member
If anyone is looking for a set of MINT OEM, as in original 93 Cobra wheels, with like new tires (will not separate) I have a set that I am going to be selling. Getting harder and harder to find nice original wheels. Much nicer than the repro junk.

Tires: Riken Raptors

Price: $1200

Last edited:

TFStang

Established Member
Looking for $1200.00 for the set. That's cheaper than a set of repros and these are original OEM FORD.

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
In defense of the "repro junk" - I have a set of them as well, and they are spot on in finish, color, and look.

Of course, there is no substitute for the real thing if that is what someone is looking for.

What kind of tires, how old are they, and how many miles on them?

TFStang

Established Member
In defense of the "repro junk" - I have a set of them as well, and they are spot on in finish, color, and look.

Of course, there is no substitute for the real thing if that is what someone is looking for.

Car they came off of had under 15K miles and tires are pretty much new. As to the repros, the 3 or 4 sets I have seen didn't match the quality or finish of the OEM's. I'm sure that may vary a bit from wheel to wheel, but repros are usually a bit off and never spot on and most importantly, they are not original.

TFStang

Established Member
I bought a set last year with like 1000 miles, original gaterbacks, and caps in great shape for $900 local to me.

With all due respect, this thread was not a "How much are they worth thread", so please leave your opinions and commentary as to price out of my thread. I know what these are worth and have priced them accrodingly. I understand some people may have bought immaculate sets for $250 from that one day flea market that no one else had access to, but save those stories for someone elses thread.

I also understand that there are differences between rims that came off a car with 1000 miles and rims that came off a car with 15K miles, but it all depends on how well the car was taken care of. I have seen curb rashed rims on a car with 100 miles and immacualte wheels on a car with close to 100K miles. All depends on who was taking care of them.

So in short, if you are interested in these wheels, please send me a PM and I will reply in kind. Please do not pollute my thread.

Thanks

Farmer-Ted

I pooped a little.
Established Member
So in short, if you are interested in these wheels, please send me a PM and I will reply in kind. Please do not pollute my thread.

Thanks

Actually you are polluting a technical board with your for sale ad. Read the sticky at the top "Parts and cars for sale belong in the market forums."

TFStang

Established Member
To those that sent PM's on the rims, please re send as I inadvertantly erased a couple of the PM's that I intended to reply to.
Thanks
Chris

Chriscapo9

Established Member
May I please ask where You found aftermarket 17 7.5 93 cobra rims I keep looking but every site says they will not fit the Cobra Im guessing because they are all selling 17 /8.5?? Where can I find 93 cobra Rims To fit my 93 Cobra Please? TY in advance IF you can please text me I am rarely on here 215 435 7191 Chris philly pa

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member
The aftermarket rims are 17x8.5. They will fit 93 cobras, but they push the rims out 3/4" past optimal due to the increased offset on out cars.

A lot of people swap front rotors to GT rotors, as that puts the offset back to stock.

Rear fits with lip pretty much flush with rear quarter. A lowered car might rub according to size of tire.

Clear as mud? :)

Users who are viewing this thread