Odd rattling/metal high pitched noise

BlackedSVT

Established Member
Hey guys, new to the 4.6 world, car runs great...however, there is this UNBEARABLE um...squealing noise. I thought it was my BBK CAI, but I took it off and reseated all the seals.

the noise seems to come from under the front wheels, mostly when the car is in gear, but also when it reaches normal running temp. But when I let out of gear there is a temp reprieve of this AWFUL noise.

Any suggestions, probably a loose header bolt or something right?

thx in advance guys...you all have a level of knowledge I could only dream of having

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Hey guys, new to the 4.6 world, car runs great...however, there is this UNBEARABLE um...squealing noise. I thought it was my BBK CAI, but I took it off and reseated all the seals.

the noise seems to come from under the front wheels, mostly when the car is in gear, but also when it reaches normal running temp. But when I let out of gear there is a temp reprieve of this AWFUL noise.

Any suggestions, probably a loose header bolt or something right?

thx in advance guys...you all have a level of knowledge I could only dream of having

Sounds like a bad (clutch)throw out bearing. = semi major surgery, have to pull the trans.

BlackedSVT

Established Member
Thanks Jimmysidecarr, and it very well may be the beginning stages of that, but i find it odd because all this was just replaced (clutch, TOB, input shaft etc.)

though watching some youtube videos mine doesnt really sound like that. guess I should link a video up tomorrow AM for some more info

could it have been installed incorrectly?

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Thanks Jimmysidecarr, and it very well may be the beginning stages of that, but i find it odd because all this was just replaced (clutch, TOB, input shaft etc.)

though watching some youtube videos mine doesnt really sound like that. guess I should link a video up tomorrow AM for some more info

could it have been installed incorrectly?

A more likely scenario is that it was installed correctly but it is a lower quality aftermarket piece.

Was it a Ford or Ford racing T/O bearing?

If not, believe it or not this is a fairly common occurrence.

Users who are viewing this thread