Odd question for '00 R owners (other R may chime in too!)

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Was there a piece of insulation on the underside of your '00 hood? (you know, that black stuff that lines the hood)

My curiousity stems from this post over on StangNet. I've never seen an '00 R with it's hood propped up, so this one has me scratching my head. :confused:

....so while we're on the topic, did the '93 and '95 Rs also come with an insulator/blanket on the underside of the hood?

Thanks for your help.

93SVTCobra

Established Member
No R had has ever had a hood blanket. If you show up to the fall foliage drive on 10/12 you'll see at least one R with it's hood open!! For more info go to www.svtoa-semi.com under the calendar of events......

Andy M

Established Member
Nope! No insulation blanket under the hood of the 2000 R. Actually, not much insulation ANYWHERE in the 2000 R!... we do have a very thin layer of insulation under the carpeting though.

kevin

Originally posted by Andy M
Nope! No insulation blanket under the hood of the 2000 R. Actually, not much insulation ANYWHERE in the 2000 R!... we do have a very thin layer of insulation under the carpeting though.

and that be gone too now;-)

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Thanks for the answers everybody :)

Hi Mark, yeah I'm hoping to make that fall foilage drive this year.....keeping the fingers crossed for good weather :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread