ODB2 - Gauges and Bluetooth Scanners

quad

Established Member
Because of the serial communication nature of the OBD2 interface it is not quite possible to have two devices query the computer simultaneously. I purchased a OBD2 splitter cable and a Bluetooth scanner and hooked this up in my Cobra along with my Aeroforce Ford FD Series DUAL Interceptor Scan Gauges. All the devices powered on and gave readings but the Bluetooth scanner would constantly disconnect which was to be expected.

Apparently for OBD2, Ford created a SMART DATA LINK CONTROL MODULE (SDLCM) that as I understand it can route queries to multiple OBD2 devices - obviously with a delay because of the 20 queries per second limitation of the OBD2 system. Only issue is I think the SDLCM is only compatible with 2010 and newer models, not the 2003-2004 Cobras.

I wonder if it would be possible for a company like Aeroforce to design a passthrough Bluetooth scanner that works in unison with their existing gauges thereby giving existing owners of these gauges the capability to also monitor their cars on their smartphones / head units. Is something like this technically possible?

quad

Established Member
Can a MOD please fix the typo in the title: OBD2 instead of ODB2 lol! Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread