Octane Booster Choice

kw_rc

Established Member
Friends - I recently did some major mods to the car and I'm looking for some extra octane protection to help with variances at the pump. Which octane boosters have you used and what is your feedback on them? Is it worth the money? Do they actually work?

Thanks for the input.

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
+1 for Torco. The other crap at the auto parts stores and Walmart only give you .0X or .X0 not a full octane point. So the other crap would give you 91.2 or 91.4 or whatever they claim. Torco changes 91 octane to 94, 96 octane, and so on depending in the amount. Hope this helps! There's always methanol injection too....

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
+1 For Torco. Used that in my lightning during the "cold" months(days) down here in Florida.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
That is a method that seems to be often overlooked. Good idea.

It's overlooked because it's not exactly daily-driver friendly or easy. And Torco isn't widely available. I've never seen a can of it anywhere, and it seems it has to be ordered online if you want some. It's not worth the hassle IMO.

OP, just pick a good brand of fuel and a newer station and stick to it. You'll be fine. When a newer station opens up, move to that one.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Not technically, but I use two years as a barometer.

Since it's free shipping, I just buy what I need when I need it. Usually arrives in 3 days or so.

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
That stuff's expensive, though. One of those 32oz. cans costs as much as a half tank of gas. :eek:

cluscher

Established Member
Get a drum. Lasts a long time and is definitely an economical way to go.....but buy a siphon!

Phantomhalo

All the boost!
Established Member
It is expensive, but if you're just trying to ensure your 93 is really 93 then I would just use a half can each fill up. That way it will last longer. No need to use a whole can. +1 on the drum though if you can swing it.

kw_rc

Established Member
This is good feedback. I've used Torco for hobby fuel to power my Nitro Helicopters. I'm leaning toward this stuff for the Shelby since it's easy to acquire.

I'm very curious about the Methanol Injection. Is this common or just for the "hard core" guys? I did a little research and it seems like it would be a great mod but I don't know enough about it.

Nsssane1

Established Member
This is good feedback. I've used Torco for hobby fuel to power my Nitro Helicopters. I'm leaning toward this stuff for the Shelby since it's easy to acquire.

I'm very curious about the Methanol Injection. Is this common or just for the "hard core" guys? I did a little research and it seems like it would be a great mod but I don't know enough about it.

I run the Snow Meth kit for safety only. 93 tune, not trying to turn it up. Works great for me. Making almost 23 psi. and a street car. Cost like 4.50 or so a gallon. My mixture. And mine uses around 3 cups or so for 30 miles of fun. I spray mine heavy. You can adjust how much you want to spray also!!!

Mach4.6

Established Member
Okay, Thanks. BTW, Is there a shelf life?

I emailed them today, this is there response:

"When stored in a cool and dry area without sunlight directly on it throughout the day, the UL Accelerator’s shelf life is about 1 to 1 ½ years. It stays stable and useable for a decent amount of time. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions or concerns, you’re more than welcome to ask.
Thanks!"

Brody Walters | Torco International Corporation
Sales/ Customer Service Rep

Users who are viewing this thread