OCS on the 2nd, Wish me luck.

Sammyboy

Established Member
Finally, I get the chance to earn my right to be a Naval Officer.

5402416918_5e2b2611c0_z.jpg

Pnsh3r

Established Member
if you're truly worried about OCS - then please DO NOT go and be a naval officer. Plenty of whiners like that are already in, and sadly (& due to the nature of their assignment) have the potential to make lives miserable for a lot of people.
OCS is nothing compared to the hardship of regularly long workdays, workup cycles, deployments, missing holidays away from family, stress, etc.
You should think of earning your right to be an officer something measured by the loyalty and devotion that you will give to your troops and your country, and not just about the little hardship you'll endure during ocs.

Sammyboy

Established Member
if you're truly worried about OCS - then please DO NOT go and be a naval officer. Plenty of whiners like that are already in, and sadly (& due to the nature of their assignment) have the potential to make lives miserable for a lot of people.
OCS is nothing compared to the hardship of regularly long workdays, workup cycles, deployments, missing holidays away from family, stress, etc.
You should think of earning your right to be an officer something measured by the loyalty and devotion that you will give to your troops and your country, and not just about the little hardship you'll endure during ocs.

"Wish me luck" generally denotes a simple parting phrase such as, "bye", "see you later", etc. From what you extrapolated from that simple phrase is beyond me. Perceive my intentions as you will, but don't generalize a phrase to mean something you want. I know what I want, I know what I'm going to achieve, Hell....I know who I am.

I'm looking forward to OCS. So....Like I said "Wish me luck."

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
Good luck! Nothing more valuable than a good officer, Nothing worse then a bad one. Trust in your senior PO's And remember... Lead by example and know or know where to find the answers. "I don't know" is not acceptable from an Officer.

Nvr_Spds

Pushrod > 4v
Established Member
Good luck at OCS!

Good luck! Nothing more valuable than a good officer, Nothing worse then a bad one. Trust in your senior PO's And remember... Lead by example and know or know where to find the answers. "I don't know" is not acceptable from an Officer.

+1. Quite a few officers are really good at completely underestimating their people.

98 Saleen Cobra

Established Member

Everything he said.. Ive been so fortunate that at my current unit all the officers I work with are awesome!!

NavAv

Established Member
I graduated Navy OCS back in Sept '08, one of the hardest and most rewarding things I've ever done. Good luck and remember to enjoy the ride, as much as you can anyway haha. Those DIs are nuts!!!

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member

128941779646826229.jpg

Steve@TF

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Premium Member
go watch "An Officer and a Gentleman" before you go! :banana:

seriously though, congrats and good luck. :beer:

hoamskilet

Established Member

Dude, take the stick out of your ass and chill out. How the F did you take anything remotely negative out of "wish me luck" ?

Anyways, congrats and good luck OP

phils04gt

Established Member
I just graduated from OCS back in February. It really wasn't all that bad. What are you going for? I am currently donwn in Pensacola for flight school. Let me know if you have any questions.

FstRyde03

10th Anniv. Convertible
Established Member
Have fun and like anything else in the military keep your ears open and your mouth shut, don't forget to trust in your NCO's.

Users who are viewing this thread