OBDII Scanner

DailyBlown

Established Member
Approximately 20 years ago, IIRC, I purchased a CodeKey (Item Number: 375265) OBDII scanner from Costco. This thing has held up extremely well over the years. I like to reward companies that make good products and unfortunately after a cursory search it appears that the company no longer exists. So I am taking product recommendations. Although I am confident any old OBDII scanner will work well with the Lightning, I do put value in the opinions of other Lightning owners above the typical Amazon reviewer.

I am looking for a inexpensive and well-made OBDII scanner. I don’t think I need any bells and whistles. I seriously doubt I need or want the Bluetooth feature, but please share your experiences.

TLDR: what are your recommendations for a OBDII scanner?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the advantage of doing a bluetooth dongle and app for your phone is the app will get updated and can easily use it on other/newer vehicles if needed and I believe some like the torque app even support data logging.

I keep my SCT device in the vehicle and then as a backup I have a cabled reader to use with my laptop and Forscan

Users who are viewing this thread