Oasis report?

ToddW702

Established Member
Good morning all,

Can anyone on here pull an Oasis report on my new GT350. My wife bought it from Carmax for me for Father's day. I would like to know more about it. It is chassis# G2522. Vin is 1FA6P8JZ8G5522461. The car was certified by ford in Jan. of 2019 and that was the third owner, so I am officially the fourth owner of this 4 year old car.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Todd
IMG_2103 vin.jpg

ToddW702

Established Member
Thank you for the info. I will get over there today at lunch.

She is awesome thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

ToddW702

Established Member
Very informative video.

I called a dealer near me and talked with a person in service who pulled up the oasis report for my GT350 and it turns out in March of 2019 the owner had the car towed to a dealership in Henderson NV (I bought the car in Henderson) because of no oil pressure. They ended up replacing the engine. So my car has a 2019 engine and I think I read that all 2019 and up GT350’s get the “R” motor. Not sure of all the differences but either way kinda cool. Also kinda not cool that the motor got replaced. I have been really busy so I haven’t done any other research but I will. I found the original owner on 6g but he only owned it for under a year and got rid of it. On his post on 6g he said he business wasn’t doing good and had to get rid of the car. 2 more owners came offer it so it has had a eventful life. I will love it like a virgin though .

nmp1

Established Member
FYI there is no such thing as an R motor, they are the same in either model.
It was my understanding that there was a difference with the GEN 1 engines the R models had a stronger chain and better cam phasers the GEN 2 are all the same.

ToddW702

Established Member
FYI there is no such thing as an R motor, they are the same in either model.
Yes, I believe this is true from 2019 and on. Before that there is some minor differences between the R and regular gt350. I read this on the internet so it has to be true. :)

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I spoke with a member here, who works for Ford, is in the know, and he confirmed the engines are the same, and always have been.

nmp1

Established Member
I spoke with a member here, who works for Ford, is in the know, and he confirmed the engines are the same, and always have been.
Does he know what Ford’s motivation was with the early engines how somewhere labeled GT 350 R and some were not?

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
I think this is going at cross purposes. @DAVESVT2000's point seems to be that GT350 engines and GT350R engines are the same as each other and have been all along. The thread on M6G is about running changes over the product life cycle, where engines produced on one set of dates have different parts from engines produced later or earlier. That's been verified enough that it's probably a fact.

What is, in my opinion, totally fictitious, is the notion of a Gen 2 Voodoo. My evidence is simple - Ford didn't announce one and so they don't make one. They announced three generations of Coyote, with different specs and performance levels. But a MY2020 Voodoo meets the same specs and comes with the same 5 year power train warranty as a 2015 Voodoo. The possibility that Ford built the originals out of balsa wood and the new ones out of chewing gum is irrelevant. They meet the same specs, have equal performance and life expectancy.

ToddW702

Established Member
I agree with this. ^ I believe ford would have specifically said this is a new version. I definitely don’t think the newer engines have anymore power or like you said ford would have announced it. I think they had some issues with the first ones and tried to remedy them along with blending cost with the 500.

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Exactly.

Running changes and improvements along the way do not make it a “Gen 1” or a “Gen 2” engine.

There is not start / stop date for the improvements one way or the other

Users who are viewing this thread