Oasis Report question

TaraFirma

Established Member
I'm selling our 2011 Fusion and got an Oasis report so I could show potential buyers the service history. The report the dealer sent me has no service history on it at all. Am I missing something? Did I ask for the wrong thing?
IMG_7845.jpg

bdcardinal

I Spend car money on guns
Established Member
Premium Member
OASIS will only have maintenance if it was paid for by Ford, ie a ESP pre-paid plan. The maintenance records are at the individual dealers. Like for example my system will only show work done at my facility, not at any of my sister stores under the same owner, or any other Ford dealer.

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I think carfax is better if you're trying to show maintenance history also

SHOdown220

Established Member
OASIS will only have maintenance if it was paid for by Ford, ie a ESP pre-paid plan. The maintenance records are at the individual dealers. Like for example my system will only show work done at my facility, not at any of my sister stores under the same owner, or any other Ford dealer.

This^^^ If you have had it serviced at one dealer they can easily print your total history for you but in most cases its that particular location only.

I think carfax is better if you're trying to show maintenance history also

Depends, not all dealers or shops report maintenance to carfax

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Depends, not all dealers or shops report maintenance to carfax

out of curiosity I ran carfax on my 04 and every time my car went to the dealership it was reported so it's a lot more accurate than you think.
private shops are definitely a different story.

SHOdown220

Established Member
out of curiosity I ran carfax on my 04 and every time my car went to the dealership it was reported so it's a lot more accurate than you think.
private shops are definitely a different story.

That's why I said it depends. I work for one of the largest new car dealer groups in the US and we don't report any maintenance to carfax. Just saying it varies from shop to shop, dealer or private.

Users who are viewing this thread