O3 Cobra questions???/

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Hi,

I am in the process of looking at an 03 Cobra. The car is really clean and does not look like it has ever seen rain. The is one concern i have with the car though, it looks like it has been painted. Not hit, but painted. I looked at it pretty close under the car an nothing has been replaced, bent, or even scratched. The owner claims it was never painted during his ownership, frankly I believe him (I think). Did some of these cars have their paint fixed at the factory? The quality of the repaint is as good as factory and if it were not for the slight area of overspray on the mirror (both sides) you would never know.
Are their any other problem areas I should look for? The car was built in April or 03 so it appears to be a late run model.

Thanks,
Bob

03cobrablack

Where is the KABOOM ????
Established Member
Its very possible that a defect or imperfection was found in the paint at the factory and repainted or had sections repainted......Happens all the time..

03yllwguy

Daily driven since 2003
Established Member
Paint issues with these cars is very common. Car could have definately been fixed at the factory, or even at the dealership before it was sold. I wouldn't be too concerned if it's a good job. If you're really concerned (rightfully so), run a car fax, good luck to you!

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Thanks guys, I did run a carfax and it's clean. This car is really clean, it doens't look like it has seen rain and if I did not see the overspray I would not have known it was a repaint. The owner is asking 24k and it has 7800 miles on it. I am really considering pulling the trigger.

Ghoust

Will Over Skill
Established Member
there is definately imprefections in the pain from the factory on this car. Usually stuff like this is covered under the warranty and the previous owner must have taken advantage of that. After all if u buy a 35k car, wouldnt u want it to look as good as a 35k car?? I wouldnt worry about it. If car fax shows up clean, the car is a steal for 24k! I would jump on it!

Users who are viewing this thread