o2 sensor locations...

20-COBRA-03

Banned
hey guys... i was talking with a knowledgeable member on here today, juiced46 and we were discussing the turbo kit that i have been piecing together. I bought this kit off of another forum member, and it has been nothing but problems and he doesnt reply to any questions i have. i wish i never got involved with it, but its too late to turn back now. Dave informed me that it is ideal, probably crucial, to keep both oxygen sensors and run one on either exhaust bank. My turbo kit is setup with only one o2 sensor, and that is placed on my down pipe. the other o2 has been either jumped, or deleted... something... but needless to say, Dave assured me of the importance of having an o2 metering each bank... and i have no idea how this car had been tuned before, and if my tuner will even want to touch it like it sits... how are your o2 sensors arranged? does anybody else have a setup with an o2 tapped into their downpipe? is it even possible to tune the car with a setup like this, Dave was telling me that it was wise to have each bank metered seperately, in the event that the computer had to lean out or richen up the mixture, it would know which bank needs it. what do you guys think? any help is greatly appreciated... Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread