o2 sensor CEL Fix using anti-foulers(how to make)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LDC2335

Established Member
I tried to post to How-to, guess i dont have rights, Please move if ya can

I have seen many guys ask about these after others throw out hints of them in various threads, so i figured id make a quick write up.

The purpose of these is to keep the check engine light off after installing headers or o/r mid pipes. Alot of guys use the plug in mil eliminators, which are fine, but are $60 bucks and these are $3.

What you need:

1.HELP brand spark plug antifoulers, 18mm, part number 42002. ($2.99 at most auto parts stores. I got mine at autozone.) You'll need one pack, which contains 2 antifoulers.

2. 1/2" Drill bit and drill or drill press.

3. Vice, or vice grips and a firm grip.

STEPS:
1.Install new headers or mid pipe.

2.Using Drill or drill press, drill out inside of the anti fouler till it is 1/2" alll the way through, try not to mess up the threads. CAUTION!!! It gets extremely hot while drilling.

3. Use Some anti seize, and put it on the threads, then install anti-foulers into mid pipe/headers where the o2 sensor goes. tighten down

4. Put anti-seize on o2 sensor threads and install them into the newly made anti-foulers. tighten down

5. your done. Go buy some beer and celebrate with all the money you saved. If for some reason they dont work, i have seen guys all over the internet stack them, some drilled out the bottom one and some didnt, either way still way cheaper.

DSC02852.jpg

Before:
SSPX0204.jpg

SSPX0206.jpg

After:
SSPX0207.jpg

Installed: (ill get some better pics up ) not a cobra, but you get the idea
Picture_003-362x265.jpg

Last edited:

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
Nice write up! I've got them on my car, they work great (my $60 mil's quit working). One thing to add. There are two different part numbers on the non-foulers. One is deeper than the other. I got the deeper ones so that it'd space it out a little farther. Only downside was it was very difficult to drill through.

LDC2335

Established Member
Nice write up! I've got them on my car, they work great (my $60 mil's quit working). One thing to add. There are two different part numbers on the non-foulers. One is deeper than the other. I got the deeper ones so that it'd space it out a little farther. Only downside was it was very difficult to drill through.

i got the longer ones too, the short ones are part number 42009 and come with a washer, i didnt think they would work

part number 42009
21TOKBJd4aL._SL500_AA260_.jpg

part number 42002
31F4GM8S3WL._SL500_AA241_.jpg

Last edited:

F8Lbite98

back once again
Established Member
I might have to try this soon. I put my o/r x-pipe on about 2 months ago with MIL eliminators and it that time i have had my CEL go off 4 times already. kind of a waste of money for the MILs if they dont work. Are they suppose to last awhile or are mine just bad?

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
Stacking them is completely up to you. The original writeup I saw showed the 2 smaller non-foulers stacked. When at the parts store, I noticed they had the ones that were the same diameter just longer, so I went with those and just did a single. If it were me, I'd try to use the single first, then if that doesn't work (which it did on mine), use the double.

LDC2335

Established Member
bump since im not worthy of a how-to slot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread