O/R X strange fluttering noise

Nbrac27

Established Member
Hey everyone,

So I recently installed an BBK O/R X pipe to match up with the Pypes M80 catback that came on the car from the previous owner. It sounds pretty good, but for some reason under acceleration I'm getting a weird fluttering noise. It basically sounds like back when you were a kid and would put a playing card in your rear sprocket on your bike wheel so it would make that distinct noise from hitting the spokes. I'm getting almost that exact sound. So I thought maybe it was an exhaust leak, jacked the car back up, replaced the right side header to X pipe gasket, re tightened every bolt and fitting that connects the X Pipe, took her back out and am still getting the noise. The car isnt driving ant differently, not throwing codes, but that noise wont go away. It's not incredibly loud but under normal acceleration it's quite noticeable. Is this a normal noise from an O/R X or do i possibly have something else wrong?

mystcobra04

Established Member
if its the sound I'm thinking of this is normal, I installed the BBK long tube header with X pipe, 3inch back from flowmaster, and it pick up a sound something like what your saying, I call it the nascar sound and I didn't care for it to tinny. So I did some research and found that by changing the tip this could eliminate that sound. so I change to this black chrome oversize tip and it filled that exh hole in my valance, and it gave me back a deeper throatier sound and took away some of that tinny nest, it looks good too. hope this help..

Users who are viewing this thread