NY SD Truck owners i need help!!!!

96Cobracomander

Established Member
This coming friday the 7th of February I will be purchasing a Ford F-350 Turbo Diesel crew cab 6 3/4 bed ect...

The dealership told me that they will not register the car as passenger for me but after the purchase i can go to a DMV and change the registration from Commercial to Passenger...

HOW DO I DO THIS, I have searched a lot and come up with that the truck would need a permanent "cap" on the back and "camping equipment"

Also that i would need to fill out a MV-82 form and write on the form the changes i have made to the truck with some type of proof... a receipt for the work perhaps?

Yellow4.6

Established Member
I'm not sure how NY does it, but here in OH I had no issues registering it as a non commercial. Now reg costs are higher than a 250.

WARRIOR 1

Sean
Established Member
Where in New York are you? In in Westchester County (Yonkers) and Im having the same issue. Interested in buying a 17 f250 platinum diesel but concerned about registering it as commerical since I drive the bronx river parkway to work. Just the other day I saw a 2016 f250 king ranch edition diesel with passenger plates but driver was on the phone so I couldnt ask him how he did it.
I called Scarsdale ford and explained to them about wanting passenger plates on the f250. They told me it can be done. I would just have to get a cap put on the bed. Not like a camper top like is read on the DMV website but like a fiberflass bed cap.
I hope thats the case because this would be a deal breaker for me. If I cant get passenger plates on the f250 diesel, I guess Im getting a Toyota Tundra.

Sent from my SM-N910P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread