TK-421
Established Member
0970BC21-A0B1-4E56-89AF-72367A2616D0.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
View attachment 1684887

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If that is the highway that turns by Palm Springs and heads out towards 29 Palms and Joshua Tree then I can say the crosswinds on that highway are no joke! Rode my 848 out to 29 Palms one time and once I got on that highway I found myself riding at a damn near 45 degree angle leaning into the wind to keep from getting blown off the road. What made it funnier was passing another bike in the oncoming lane and seeing him leaning just as hard as I was. We would have probably waved to each other but we were too afraid to let go of the handle bars lol.

I can tell you from experience that if you do this to the wrong person you might just get an unexpected elbow to the face. I saw it happen and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person!

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
If that is the highway that turns by Palm Springs and heads out towards 29 Palms and Joshua Tree then I can say the crosswinds on that highway are no joke! Rode my 848 out to 29 Palms one time and once I got on that highway I found myself riding at a damn near 45 degree angle leaning into the wind to keep from getting blown off the road. What made it funnier was passing another bike in the oncoming lane and seeing him leaning just as hard as I was. We would have probably waved to each other but we were too afraid to let go of the handle bars lol.

I can tell you from experience that if you do this to the wrong person you might just get an unexpected elbow to the face. I saw it happen and it couldn't have happened to a more deserving person!
Thats a funny story. Especially the handlebar part. Ive been in high wind on 2 wheels, its not particularly a fun ride.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread