Numbers!!!

Matt S

FLY USMC
Established Member
Well I know I'm probably the last person on earth to pulley their Cobra, but here are my dyno sheets anyways. I saw just shy of 17lbs with nothing but a 2.76 upper on a stock Eaton. Has anybody else seen such high *boost psi* numbers with just an upper? I thought these were pretty descent numbers considering what's done to the car. List of mods is:
- Magnaflow cat-back
- Bassani X-pipe w/ Maganaflow cats
- BF 2.76 upper and idlers
- SCT Big Air MAF - pegged the stock one in a hurry...
- JLT RAI
- BF IRS Brace
- Xcal 3
- 315 Nitto D/R
- just installed an LFP Dual pass H/E yesterday
uncorrectedcobradyno001.jpg

correctedcobradyno.jpg

And some pics of the old girl:
100_0863.jpg

100_0856-1.jpg

Last edited:

MustangMikeKy

Whippled L
Established Member
when i had just a 2.76 upper on mine, it was showing around 12.5 lbs on my autometer . . . you may have a lower on yours or your gauge is fudged a bit. . . kinda high for just a 2.76. . . I'm behind a proxy right now, so what numbers did it make, 450rwhp?

Matt S

FLY USMC
Established Member
450 corrected. That boost pressure was from the dyno, I don't have a guage in the car except the crappy stock one...

jm@ReischePerf

Owner & Operations Mgr
Established Member
Premium Member
The numbers look pretty typical for your mods but that boost level is unlikely for an upper-only Eaton. Who cares though as long as your A/F ratio looks good.

Last edited:

RussZTT

Established Member
I pretty much have the same mods. Mine was 469/487 with peak boost of 15.23psi.

thelpb

Established Member
I did see 16 psi with my 2.80 upper only setup on a mechanical Auto Meter gauge. 15 psi when he left off at just over 6k. Nice numbers man! :)

TrickStang37

Established Member
Well I know I'm probably the last person on earth to pulley their Cobra, but here are my dyno sheets anyways. I saw just shy of 17lbs with nothing but a 2.76 upper on a stock Eaton. Has anybody else seen such high *boost psi* numbers with just an upper? I thought these were pretty descent numbers considering what's done to the car. List of mods is:
- Magnaflow cat-back
- Bassani X-pipe w/ Maganaflow cats
- BF 2.76 upper and idlers
- SCT Big Air MAF - pegged the stock one in a hurry...
- JLT RAI
- BF IRS Brace
- Xcal 3
- 315 Nitto D/R
- just installed an LFP Dual pass H/E yesterday
uncorrectedcobradyno001.jpg

correctedcobradyno.jpg

And some pics of the old girl:
100_0863.jpg

100_0856-1.jpg

good numbers, pretty typical. what timing/octane?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I saw 16 lbs. with my 2.80 upper, so what you saw isn't out of the realms of possibilities. Keep in mind that more power with less boost is always better. Nice numbers by the way. :)

Matt S

FLY USMC
Established Member
Not sure how much timing I have in it? I think around 20*. It's just tuned for 93 octane. Thanks for all the compliments guys, I sure do like the new found power. Only problem now is that I'm looking at Whipples every time I sit at my computer. Is there a cure for this addiction?

lococobra03

Established Member
Not sure how much timing I have in it? I think around 20*. It's just tuned for 93 octane. Thanks for all the compliments guys, I sure do like the new found power. Only problem now is that I'm looking at Whipples every time I sit at my computer. Is there a cure for this addiction?

Very nice car and numbers. Your pocket book is the only cure:bash:

BlackenedSVT

The Clown has it out 4 me
Established Member
17+psi of boost that you have is not from your upper alone. I'd guestimate you have a 6# lower pulley too. Check and see.

A 2.7 pulley should be putting you around 12.5-13.5psi not 17.

nice number though :)

03' White Snake

Established Member
My autometer gauge says just shy of 17lbs and i have a 2.93 upper with a 4 lb lower. Your corrected numbers are almost identical to mine. So it is possible i would think.

Users who are viewing this thread