Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
Numbers coming in now from ON D BIT

Number of GT500's he will own: 0
Number of times he wets his pants: 760

LostM

Established Member
Here is nothing more representative of average drivers, than the owners.

Hell i thiught you were referencing when the do a head to head comparison, which you know is coming.

U wanna compare a non driving soy boys whos used driving miatas in parking lot to John force on a dragstrip? Seems fair

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Here is nothing more representative of average drivers, than the owners.

Hell i thiught you were referencing when the do a head to head comparison, which you know is coming.

U wanna compare a non driving soy boys whos used driving miatas in parking lot to John force on a dragstrip? Seems fair

I agree, that's why I would need a ZR1 cause as stated before I ain't relying on someone else driving their ZR1 to beat you.

I want to see a H2H comparsion between the Shelby & ZR1, stock and modded just to see how much it will take to make the Shelby beat the Vette. Modded ZR1's have done 9.49 near 150 without touching the Blower and 9.00 flat with bolt-ons and blower mods FYI.

Since you have yet to reply to my PM to you, I'm not going to worry about this bet you wanted to wager. Get your Predator and show me what you can do with it stock and after you mod or I'll know before you once Evan Smith gets his hands on one and tests it down the drag strip. You'll get your dragstrip all out best et out of that car stock once he tests it.

Last edited:

Cman01

hello
Established Member
It was full course Sears Point for all three cars/times.
If I take your way, the times above show obviously the Mustang GT is faster than either the z06 or GT3.

Point is when you have different drivers different days times are skewed and irrelevant! Just as LL is crap for times.
It was full course Sears Point for all three cars/times.
If I take your way, the times above show obviously the Mustang GT is faster than either the z06 or GT3.

Point is when you have different drivers different days times are skewed and irrelevant! Just as LL is crap for times.

I don't know the particulars of this test and yes I find it hilarious that a Mustang GT beat a GT3 (unless the GT3 had issues), but you do realize that the C7 Z06 has major heat soak issues when tracked? Perhaps that's the issue why it ran that slow.

Another reason why I don't just toss money out for a car till I see the reviews and performance results.

gofast15

Established Member
You live on this forum yet can't afford a GT500. What gives? Can I buy one for you? Pretty please!
You sound like a fool with money that likes to insult other people without knowing their financial status

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I don't know the particulars of this test and yes I find it hilarious that a Mustang GT beat a GT3 (unless the GT3 had issues), but you do realize that the C7 Z06 has major heat soak issues when tracked? Perhaps that's the issue why it ran that slow.

Another reason why I don't just toss money out for a car till I see the reviews and performance results.
It was not a test. 3 average drivers like the LL test running their cars. Obviously one driver is far better than the others.

Or was it the car?

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Average drivers to me sound like they have little to no track experience when it comes to running a road course, at least most reviewers that work @ C&D or other car mags generally know some track prowess. Some are club racers.

U know that saying, u might have the cash to buy a performance car but doesn't mean u know how to drive it.

Snoopy49

Established Member
U know that saying, u might have the cash to buy a performance car but doesn't mean u know how to drive it.

I may not know how to drive a performance car, but I have managed not to damage the one I have owned for the last six and a half years. Yea me. Looking forward to the 2020 GT500. I think I still have another six years in me.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
I agree, that's why I would need a ZR1 cause as stated before I ain't relying on someone else driving their ZR1 to beat you.

I want to see a H2H comparsion between the Shelby & ZR1, stock and modded just to see how much it will take to make the Shelby beat the Vette. Modded ZR1's have done 9.49 near 150 without touching the Blower and 9.00 flat with bolt-ons and blower mods FYI.

Since you have yet to reply to my PM to you, I'm not going to worry about this bet you wanted to wager. Get your Predator and show me what you can do with it stock and after you mod or I'll know before you once Evan Smith gets his hands on one and tests it down the drag strip. You'll get your dragstrip all out best et out of that car stock once he tests it.

Man, you're wasting your time. A ZR1 vs a GT500 on a road course will always end the same. ZR1 has more power (torque) and is SO MUCH LIGHTER and has MUCH better aero. But it also costs about $60,000 more, so yeah, that.

Cman01

hello
Established Member
^^^^I'm not wasting my time, the people that think a stock GT500 has a chance against a stock ZR1 on any track is wasting their time.

Yeah, better aero, lighter weight, ceramic brakes, carbon fiber everything costs $$$$$ and is in a whole different league.

LostM

Established Member
Average drivers to me sound like they have little to no track experience when it comes to running a road course, at least most reviewers that work @ C&D or other car mags generally know some track prowess. Some are club racers.

Then yes, i have no interest in your definition of average driver. Average owner yes, absolute best the car can do, yes.

Im sure if whomever you posted can get a 1/4 time out of it, i can meet or exceed that. Nearly every car in the world can do better than claimed by manufacturers and magazines, except Dodge

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Then yes, i have no interest in your definition of average driver. Average owner yes, absolute best the car can do, yes.

Im sure if whomever you posted can get a 1/4 time out of it, i can meet or exceed that. Nearly every car in the world can do better than claimed by manufacturers and magazines, except Dodge

Gee, I hope so since you will be running yours on a dragstrip prepped, and probably on a tire whereas the manufacturer and mags tested "on a regular public road" as you put it and on a factory supplied tire.

That's a fair comparsion right there. :confused:

Oh, and please tell me you know who Evan Smith is, cause again I would have a really hard time believing that you could meet or beat a time that he would get testing a car on the strip and you driving the same car.

Last edited:

LostM

Established Member
Gee, I hope so since you will be running yours on a dragstrip prepped, and probably on a tire whereas the manufacturer and mags tested "on a regular public road" as you put it and on a factory supplied tire.

That's a fair comparsion right there. :confused:

Oh, and please tell me you know who Evan Smith is, cause again I would have a really hard time believing that you could meet or beat a time that he would get testing a car on the strip and you driving the same car.

you validated my point yet agan, a regular guy, not owner, on a regular road, using fallable equipment, Vs the guy that has skill and desire to see what the best it can do is.

and no, i dont know who that is. Yes, If he can extract a time, so I can I.

show me a few performance cars that owners dont get better than advertised times please. forums are full of stock WR ( world records) by owners, not magazines and manufacturers

Cman01

hello
Established Member
Quite the contrary, a test person will give it their all with the conditons they have (especially if it ain't their car if they break it), whether they test on a regular road or a prepped track. The owner may or may not get a better time again on either surface. If you get a better time, good for you. Their published times for a car would be a goal to aim for when the owner of the car races it.

Again, seriously a ZR1 did 10.8 (C&D), 10.6 (R&T) on a surface you believe sucks for traction, the person that ran those times definitely doesn't have any drag racing experience it looks like according to you *sarcastic remark*.

Last edited:

LostM

Established Member
ok, your right, the owners definitly dont want to do the best it can, nor set themselves up to do the best it can

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
ok, your right, the owners definitly dont want to do the best it can, nor set themselves up to do the best it can

Have you ever spilled soup between your legs? I just did! Burned my wee wee right off! That's what reading your posts feels like.

Cman01

hello
Established Member

That's right, according to you they don't do research on the performance of a car and just toss out Benjamins to get said car, go to the track then find out why it doesn't run what it should.

So they mod the crap out of it, to get an et close to or just better than a tester.................who does it for a living and most times, have the experience to back up what they do.

Anyways, I'm done. You believe what you want, I'll believe what I want. Good luck modding your new GT500 so a stock ZR1 doesn't put bus lengths on you at the track.

Kaneda

BANNED
Established Member
That's right, according to you they don't do research on the performance of a car and just toss out Benjamins to get said car, go to the track then find out why it doesn't run what it should.

So they mod the crap out of it, to get an et close to or just better than a tester.................who does it for a living and most times, have the experience to back up what they do.

Anyways, I'm done. You believe what you want, I'll believe what I want. Good luck modding your new GT500 so a stock ZR1 doesn't put bus lengths on you at the track.

This argument is dumber than the time On D Bit invested his life’s savings in a Bernie Sanders sock line.

Users who are viewing this thread