Numbers soon?

blk02edge

Established Member
I'm pretty sure that there will be 3k people chomping on the bit to buy this car. Just a guess, but in my opinion, I think they'll sell all 3k of them. Just like Dodge did with the Demon.
I wouldn't mind a 2nd MY as well. I just wish Ford did it like GM with the ZR1 and Z06. If you want one, go order one. If you want a Hellcat Redeye, go order one.
Id bet there are 6k people willing to pay an ADM... just look at how many applied for the 450k FGT

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Might have the first year restricted, but I hope the ADM game settles into 2nd year. I also wonder if they
will have to restrict the CF Track Package due to CF wheel production.
Will be interesting to see it all shake out.
-J

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Id bet there are 6k people willing to pay an ADM... just look at how many applied for the 450k FGT
^BINGO!!!
Everyone wants to be one of the first ones to have this car or any other new car that hits the streets. I'm pretty sure that most of these GT500 cars will have ADM's, if not all of them.

eagle eye

Established Member
^BINGO!!!
Everyone wants to be one of the first ones to have this car or any other new car that hits the streets. I'm pretty sure that most of these GT500 cars will have ADM's, if not all of them.

I think you're right on the money with that statement. Dealers will probably price them like the 350Rs
I wonder how many GT500s Ford plans on making and for how long?

Snoopy49

Established Member
A little birdy told me yesterday that program information on the 2020 GT500 will be announced at the end of the month. And of note...it sounds like dealers are only going to be allotted 1 allocation in the first year. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe there are roughly 3,000 Ford/LM dealers in the US.

This is one time that I hope your birdy is wrong. If this is the case, I wonder if Ford is a little concerned with the reliability or the continued availability of the DCT and they don't want to commit to a larger run.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
This is one time that I hope your birdy is wrong. If this is the case, I wonder if Ford is a little concerned with the reliability or the continued availability of the DCT and they don't want to commit to a larger run.

He's here on this forum and he's the one person that would know of this before any of us commoners ever would. I don't believe him to be wrong.

1FASFKR

Established Member
I think you're right on the money with that statement. Dealers will probably price them like the 350Rs
I wonder how many GT500s Ford plans on making and for how long?

I've already confirmed an ADM of $50k at a local dealer. Highest ADM I've seen on the R was $30k. Anyone who secured a deal already for MSRP is tens of thousands ahead.

LostM

Established Member
Hope the timing is right, hope the #s are wrong, although not a bad thing for me. But it does make sense

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
So, a base price is 67K. Damnnnn. I wonder how much ADM will added on those cars?
Back in 2013-2014, that 67K could have gotten you a pretty much loaded up GT500.

conceptmachine

Established Member
cheaper than I thought for a base. was thinking 72k and high 80s for loaded track pack.
I'll be happy if loaded track pack is less than 80k.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Agree Tony, and it makes sense now that at 3000 the first year, because of also building the 350. I think in '21 the 350 will be out and they will double production for the GT500 for '21 and I believe it will run for 3 years, if not 4 total, ending in '23.
Dont pay over MSRP, they will be rolling down the line the proceeding years, for between 15k to 20K GT500s.
I already have a msrp deal on first year, if I want it. We'll see what final HP numbers are.

Wilson & Co

SnakeJockeyExtraordinaire
Established Member
IMO No way this is 85k base.

It's not like it's that different of a car than the 19 GT350.

Im guessing gt500 Motor is only slightly more $ to make after sc and everything else.
Plus the dct..plus D.Shaft.

So its 5k on top of a 19 gt350? Sounds about right

Remember, the gt500base price is (should) only be the delta cost of those different parts..

conceptmachine

Established Member
Someone already caught some info on 67K for the base price. I'm guessing a track pack will be about 10K maybe 15K more than the base. That would put a track pack at about 77K to about 82k. then with all the bells and whistles, painted stripes etc. I wouldn't think any more than high 80s.

LostM

Established Member
Dear Mr. xxx,

Under the regulations in 40 CFR 600.313-08, “Timetable for data and information submittal and review,” manufacturers must submit fuel economy values and the underlying test data at least 5 business days before a vehicle model is first offered for sale. In practice, manufacturers will submit their data and information well in advance of introducing a model into commerce. This allows time, for example, for us to request a vehicle for our own “confirmatory” testing and for any issues or discrepancies, should they arise, to be resolved. Manufacturers won’t want to start printing thousands of labels until they are sure that we have reviewed their information and either completed our own testing or elected to not do any follow-up testing.

When a manufacturer submits their fuel economy information, they assign a “Label Release Date,” i.e., the date upon which EPA may release the data to the public. This date is on or before the vehicle model is first introduced into commerce. EPA routinely processes the fuel economy data and determines which vehicles have reached the Label Release Date, and at that point the data will be provided to the team that manages the fueleconomy.gov website. Usually the data is posted publicly on that site within a week after the allowable Label Release Date. Prior to that, the data is considered confidential and EPA is thus not authorized to release it.

If you are interested in the 2020 Ford Mustang, I recommend checking fueleconomy.gov weekly. I know that a handful of manufacturers have already released data for some 2020 models, but Ford is not currently one of them. It is early still in the 2020 model year; manufacturers will typically be increasing their testing and data submission to EPA in the next several months, and the majority of the 2020 model year vehicles should be released by late summer into fall.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know I can be of any further help.

Sincerely,

Roberts W. French, Jr.

U.S. Environmental Protection Agency

National Vehicle and Fuel Emissions Laboratory

Should be any day now

Users who are viewing this thread